• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help- Anyone pull the jet pump on 250 series yet.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I sucked up a fender cover 1 min away from the dock at the end of the day yesterday and have been at it fir hours trying to get cut out. Anyone pull their pump yet? I saw a video of a 2013 and its not the same. The new version looks like it has 8 bolts instead of 4 long bolts.

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was hard to look at! I feel for ya! Most people suck up ropes! First time I’ve heard of fender covers. Inspect the impellers once you’re done too!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
why not just pull the intake grate to get to it the easy way.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Can you send a pic of your pump? Just want to make sure we’re talking about the same bolts. There are 8 bolts back there but you only need to worry about four of them. Here’s a diagram of the pump. You only need to remove the #27 bolts. Not the #5.

I’ll have to take a picture next week when I’m back at the boat. It looked different and i was pretty frustrated and didn’t want to mess with anything while being out of town. Thanks for the reference link. I will check it out more for future reference.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
why not just pull the intake grate to get to it the easy way.
I thought about that but didn’t have all of my tools with. Next time i will do that for sure. Is it just marine grade silicone that is used to seal it up when you put it back on? First boat so everything is new. Thanks.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
This was hard to look at! I feel for ya! Most people suck up ropes! First time I’ve heard of fender covers. Inspect the impellers once you’re done too!
Think of it like a beach towel wrapped 100 times tight and pulling it strand by strand for 7-8 hrs 🤬 with any tool i could find. I was loosing it since this is the first experience and was thinking it was worse and may have caused more damage. But at 5pm that last bit came out!

The impellers looked ok but ill check it again next weekend. Needless to say everyone is now told to keep an eye out.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would inspect the white do-hicky thing where the shaft goes into the boat. That can crack from the stress of a rope or other object winding it self around the shaft. In your pics the remnants of that cover are stuffed in there. That white section is what goes into the hull and can leak.