• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

HELP!!! HOLY CHIT IM PISSED... HOW DO I GET ALL THE FOAMY OIL OUT IF THIS MR1??

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]

So, I get back to Jackson, after picking the boat up at RIVA Motorsports who was supposed to look at the motors, etc.. they claimed nothing worked, no power, nada.. Well I pull the plugs just to see what was in there, and turn the battery switch on and crank it.. Well it CRANKED and blew water 20' in the air.. so I then spray the cylinders with Anti Fog, and do it over and over again.. I finally get it dry, but in my excitement find the oil to be completely full of water as well..

Heres the major Question, HOW DO I GET ALL THE FOAMY OIL OUT OF THIS THING? my suction device (MitaVac) aint working real fast.. I pulled the oil filter and cranked it until it stopped pouring water out, and then it was running foamy oil out..

Oh yeah, it RUNS, it RUNS! just gotta get the oil changed..

There is a post on here (maybe in the tips section where a guy completely drained his oil and documted it. I am on my phone now but when I get on my computer I'll see if I can find it. It might have been on the other site though.

I believe some have used multiple changes to get water out of the oil.

There is a drain plug on the back of the engines. I believe I would try it in this situation. RIVA sells a kit to connect a hose to that drain plug. Perhaps they have directions that show where it is at. My internet connection is limited or I would look for it.

Hey @kthrash

I helped a friend with a ski boat do this recently. We chose to change the oil about 4 times It was pretty clean after that. I think he did it one more time to boot

So what does this mean for the boat? Is it totaled? Is this a good thing?

RIVA can go suck a donkeys ass... before I spend any more money there.. need to find that diagram..

I dont know what it means.. I may try to "buy it back" get it back up and running cheap.. I still think its full of issues..

I've screwed with many skis that have sunk in saltwater. Trust me, let it get totaled and move on. This boat with be nothing but a nightmare from this day forward.

As for the oil... Remove the spark plugs and crank till cylinders are clear. Drain oil via vac pump. Add new oil and crank till white, vac oil again. Repeat till oil is proper color then try to run it. Keep it mind to crank it with the safety lanyard pulled.

Go under forums; go down to model specific; look under the 2005-2009 SX 230, AR 230 tab. I believe it was on page #2 (the post was dated Mar 2015). It had a diagram as well as the step by step what was done. Hope this helps you out.

Put in a quart of dextron 2 a. t. f. and 2 quarts of oil, idle it for 5 minutes on the hose and drain it out, then do it again the dextron will act as a catalyst to mix the water with the oil and remove most of it . After that put in fresh oil and run it on the hose for a while and check it for water . It will probably be fine by then

You will have to click on the web link under that specific post...Sorry forgot to say that in the earlier post.

I agree with @Murf'n'surf . I've seen several times people get em going again only to spin bearings later, and that's probably the least of issues that may arise.

Don't get me wrong, I've rebuilt many totalled cars, but saltwater flooding? It's never worth it IMO.

Was great to meet ya btw, was real disappointed to hear that was yours.

It was more of a will it run thing to me.. I may be opening a can of worms I dont want..

Yes you are.....

Here's a small list of what I see being a problem at the beginning of next season:

All dash gauges and wiring, stereo and remotes, shift cable, throttle cable, steering cable , all seating may mold over winter due to moisture stuck inside.

Let it go unless you can't financially for whatever reason. If that's the case we will help the best we can to get you where you want to be.

I think this is what Riva was really saying. They see the result of salvage every day.

insurance guy said it would help the salvage value if I could get the motors fogged.. hence what I am doing.. if the repair plus the salvage is greater than the total insured, then it gets totaled... repairs are north of $32K so far..

nah, if I get the $31K its insured for I will move on to another boat.. my only thought was what is the salvage value and if I could make some money off of it if I bought it back got it up and running and sold it..

ok changing my tune, RIVA did look at one engine.. the Port motor will not turn over at all, they did clean it out some, however the engine was slam full of oil/water and water..

The starboard motor is now completely fogged and has semi water free oil in it..

You could swap the control boxes to see if you can get the port engine to start. But I am not sure that this is a can of worms that you want to open.

Screw it im cleaning the boat out and letting the insurance deal with it. Thanks forthe input all.

Back