• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help, low fuel Message

Huskerjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the water and i got low fuel message. How far can I go. Was just on Half full before a little tubing.

A small related tangent....when does the fuel gauge read correctly? At rest, or underway? I read lower at rest than underway.

I have found that the bottom half is a very small half.

I have found that the bottom half is a very small half.
Agreed. My tank is tapered down on the bottom to fit the shape of the V-Hull. So the lower half of the tank holds less than the top. The fuel gauge however measures based on depth. this is where taking notes on fuel readings vs fill ups at the pump help give you a much better idea of how much fuel is remaining in the tank at any given time.

Last year I had similar concerns about the fuel gauge. I collected data all year. Here is what I found.
2013 SX210 50gal tank. I like to have plenty of fuel so I never let it get below 1/2 tank on the gauge.

gauge--------average---------minimum
reading-----remaining-------remaining
1/2-----------19.9------------16.5
5/8-----------26.4------------22.1
3/4-----------32.6------------34.3
7/8-----------36.2------------36.1

I find that on average I put about 4 more gallons in to fill up than what my floscan shows. I.e. 34 gallons fill up shows 30 gallons used on the floscan.

On a side note. This past season I had to drain my tank (07 AR210) due to contaminated fuel. So I know that I started with a bone dry tank. I noted that my "50" gallon tank in stamped on the top with a 53 gallon rating. I added 10 gallons from fuel jugs to get it running again. Fired up the engines half a dozen times on the trailer (which couldn't have used more that a few cups of fuel). Then on my next outing I put in 47.7 gallons at the pump. So there's going to be a bit of room for error when figuring fuel mileage and consumption because there's probably a gallon or two in the filler tube, flex in the tank and probably a bit of inaccuracy at the fuel station ;)

Back