• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help Lowrance Elite-5 install on 2014 AR210

MarkAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 2014, Yamaha AR210 and would like to install a Lowrance Elite-5 Chart Plotter and fish finder, combo unit. I am wondering where people have been mounting the GPS units on the dash and how and where they have been drilling through the hull of the boat to mount the transducer for the fish finder. Can I also connect to power under the dash or do I have to run a wire all the way to the battery? Does the seat backrest cushion, in front of the boat, remove to allow access to the back of the dashboard/wiring? I am thinking of mounting the unit in front of the shifting levers and using a ball mount. Any suggestions? Photos would be helpful.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,

you might look in the FAQ at the top of the page and then under boat modifications, we've had several members post about them or you might want to search under lowrance or garmin mount dashboard, a GPS only search won't work because it's only 3 letters,

MarkAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scottintexas. Thank you for the information. I am new to message boards and have no idea what I'm doing. When I did the search, prior to my post,it was too vague. Your tips were very helpful.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an 2014, Yamaha AR210 and would like to install a Lowrance Elite-5 Chart Plotter and fish finder, combo unit. I am wondering where people have been mounting the GPS units on the dash and how and where they have been drilling through the hull of the boat to mount the transducer for the fish finder. Can I also connect to power under the dash or do I have to run a wire all the way to the battery? Does the seat backrest cushion, in front of the boat, remove to allow access to the back of the dashboard/wiring? I am thinking of mounting the unit in front of the shifting levers and using a ball mount. Any suggestions? Photos would be helpful.
I just installed an Elite 7. I used the same approximate location for my new transducer as my old one. I went ahead and ran new power wires from the battery to the unit. That way it has constant power and I didn't have to fumble with trying to figure out what wires are what behind the dash.

I don't have any pictures, but I used a RAM mount. They are very secure and pretty agile in having the ability to move around, but still be secure when tightened.

btbowden

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Would love to see some pictures of your Elite 7 if you have any.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length