• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me choose my SeaDek

What seems to compliment my boat the best?

• Faux Teak

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Brushed Gray

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Brushed Gray with Black Border

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Maple Red AR190, standard white and gray interior. With that in mind...
Brushed with Border: (thanks to GTBRMC)

Brushed:

Faux Teak

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And if anyone wants to share their 190 Seadeck photos Id love to see them.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Faux Teak, ALL the way.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the faux teak would hide blemishes and dirt more than the brushed and therefore look better over a longer period of time. Of course, I still have carpet so what do I know!

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What do you think of faux teak grey on a ghost grey 242LS. Even though the stock is chocolate ? I just think the grey would look better wth the hull color. Anyone else do this color combo?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh.... I may have confused them. Thanks. Fixed now.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've always liked the lines in the "berber" style carpet that came with my 192, so if/when I get to step up to Seadek I'll likely go with Faux Teak.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have the brushed gray and while I am very happy with the way it looks, I have to be really careful about stains.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the brushed gray and while I am very happy with the way it looks, I have to be really careful about stains.
I am not sure why it would be any different with the Teak. From what Will said they are the same base color. I guess maybe the lines may help hide any stains better, but should stain the same.

However this does make me wonder, I have seen many people mentioning about stains. What is staining these? How "careful" do I need to be??

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Same issues you might have with carpet, spilled drinks, plant leaves, less than crystal clean water in our lakes. It hasn't failed to come clean, it's just kind of light colored.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like we're going faux teak. Now, next question do I order a custom named swim deck??????

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
In another thread, there was a good point brought up about the negative of having a custom swim deck if you sell your boat, but I have really enjoyed the number of people who have specifically stopped to ask me about it. Definite conversation starter and im glad I did it. If I decide to sell, I'll either replace it to give the new owner info on how they can.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Point well taken. Since this is our first boat, and its our first year, I really believe we'll get the best years out of the SeaDek. (If not all of them)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
teak is not worth extra money imo...i believe it was $160 over the border style....so i went with the storm gray over black border. calling in the order tomorrow

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to finish this out for future readers who might be wrestling with a Seadek choice....

We went for Faux teak and I really like it. Fresh install for the 2016 season. Wife thinks it looks great! She actually said it makes the boat look expensive, and I have to agree with her, it does have a cool luxury look and feel to it. Very happy.20160312_155056.jpg
And, the dogs happy too!
20160312_155814.jpg

Vito Aiello

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like that! Some pics on jet boat pilot don't show that the existing snap holes actually get covered especially around the fuel cell hatch. Did the snaps across the front of engine hatch get covered?