• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help me pick a boat!

Just curious, why the bow? With the jets you can now back onto the beach so you can ingress/egress in/off the stern. No more climbing over the bow onto the beach.
We generally back up to the beach. The rugrats jump off the bow because it's deep enough... the stern is in 18 inches of water, the bow is in 4 foot of water. So, they jump off the bow, swim/walk/crawl to the stern, run up the swim platform, step on the rear seats, knock over someone's drink, track sand through the boat, kick the dog and jump of the bow again. Slight exaggeration included, but that's the general gist. We've tried just giving them the swim platform and nosing into the beach, but then we have the opposite issue where the adults forgot something, need to check a cell phone on the boat, need something else out of the cooler, etc. The best of both worlds is backing into the beach for the adults to use the stern and the kids get to use the bow as a diving board... with a ladder. Having the step on the hatch might also mean that I'm polishing a lot less of the gel coat up there, but I think that might just be a pipe dream. :S

I think that kind of activity would stress me out and make my day of boating not so fun. Your a good man to allow that all day. Lol.

Everyone in our boat loves to jump off of the bow. I do it all the time myself. I took the front ladder off to have room for the anchor. Yes they do swim back to the rear and go through the boat but that hasn't been a problem. We are not on a beach so there is not a sand issue. The adults are usually either floating around with drinks or sitting under the cover. Sometimes the sun bathers up front get wet but overall no issues. The water dries and everyone has fun. I have found the kids get much more tired by swimming around as well. HA! You have to do what makes the wife and kids happy! It makes your life so much better! :)

We generally back up to the beach. The rugrats jump off the bow because it's deep enough... the stern is in 18 inches of water, the bow is in 4 foot of water. So, they jump off the bow, swim/walk/crawl to the stern, run up the swim platform, step on the rear seats, knock over someone's drink, track sand through the boat, kick the dog and jump of the bow again. Slight exaggeration included, but that's the general gist. We've tried just giving them the swim platform and nosing into the beach, but then we have the opposite issue where the adults forgot something, need to check a cell phone on the boat, need something else out of the cooler, etc. The best of both worlds is backing into the beach for the adults to use the stern and the kids get to use the bow as a diving board... with a ladder. Having the step on the hatch might also mean that I'm polishing a lot less of the gel coat up there, but I think that might just be a pipe dream. :S

Gotcha! I forgot to do my due diligence and look at your current boat. Didn't realize you already had a jet. :)

I've only used my front ladder a handful of times. It's quite the chore getting up it as there is no grab handle at the top. Requires a ton of upper body strength to pull yourself up. Neverthless I'm old and fat, so its probably much easier for a child!

Check out the Scarab 255 HOI / HO, awesome !
Wakeblaster system, platinum pkg, tower, cans, the works ! Ran one at factory invite last Fall, mine's on order ! 500 hp!

@Jet tech glad to have you on board, that sounds like a great boat but unfortunately out of his price range, you need to update your profile with the new boat and your location so we know where you're at,

Just a caution about jumping from anyplace on the boat that isn't off the traction mats (hydroturf) on the swim deck...fiberglass/gelcoat is slippery as whale snot!!! It won't be long before someone in the race to jump just steps on the sides instead of on the anchor locker that has a traction mat installed. Well, some don't have them. So the first thing I would do if my kids were jumping, is to line the front area, anywhere you can step, with hydroturf. We had an adult just about swap ends coming in of a stable dock and stepped right on that side gelcoat. She had walked down from the parking lot and across a wet ramp. That would have been catastrophic had I not reached to help her in...and I actually caught her, my sis in law...she doesn't weigh 90 pounds dripping wet, so it ended well. But it is a consideration.

Welcome to the forum @Jet tech , x2 on @Scottintexas comments, if you add your location in your profile, you also end up on the very cool member map!

Sounds to me like you need a pontoon boat with all the kids! Not hating on the Yamahas tho, I came from a pontoon!.

I sold my AR210, went through two Moomba's and am now back in a 212X could not be happier.. I think the 212X is what you are looking for, or if the tower is not necessary, than look at a 212SS.. someone has an 08' 212X on here for a steal at $25K..

heh... I don't like 'toons at all. While that would be great for the kids, there are plenty of times when the adults get to leave them behind and we want to do 40 miles on the intracoastal at speed... :) Hopefully going to look at a 212x tomorrow. If the one on here weren't a 23 hour drive each way to get it, I would have already told them to expect me... that's a nice looking boat.

heh... I don't like 'toons at all. While that would be great for the kids, there are plenty of times when the adults get to leave them behind and we want to do 40 miles on the intracoastal at speed... :) Hopefully going to look at a 212x tomorrow. If the one on here weren't a 23 hour drive each way to get it, I would have already told them to expect me... that's a nice looking boat.

you could always have it survey'ed and then ship it.. might cost an extra $1000 or so.

Best advice I got was to get the biggest boat I could afford. I started looking at the 190's and ended up with a 240. I'm glad I went with the bigger boat.

^ ditto.

Found her! Put the deposit on her, doing paperwork and fund transfer Monday. 2008 212x in incredible shape... Plus toys! :)image.jpg

Well done! That fits all of,your requirements for sure. Congrats!

Congrats! Hope you enjoy the new boat.

Back