• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP ME!

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I have a 2022 255XE. My speakers just wont produce sounds. Initially I thought Bluetooth had not connected, but the radio would not produce sound either.

I have read a couple of threads here that suggest it is likely the amp. Before I run out and buy an amp, I want to make sure that's what it is, how do I test the amp? Reset the amp? Dare I ask, locate the amp? 😂

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would definitely start with the amp. Make sure all connections are good and you have power to the amp. A volt meter on the terminals would be a good start. Check power in and out of amp.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why would you have to buy an amp for a 2022 boat? Wouldn't it be under warranty? If all speakers are hooked up to the amp, there usually a blue turn on wire for the amp. Sometimes it's fused. I would check that too.

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
So... went to check the amp... and found this.

Obviously someone felt they needed it more than me.

What's the best amp money can buy?

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Where do you store the boat? Just curious how or where it could've happened

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Best amp money can buy, or best bang for the buck at a particular price point. As if it were me, the stock systems are not all bad, and there are folks that don't agree with that. I would bet a stock amp could be found from someone replacing theirs. Install would be easy to, as only a few of those wires were cut from your photo.

Find what was used from the factory, and possibly find one online and wire it up. Spending more money on a high end amp without replacing other components may be money wasted. As the stock amp is probably of the same quality as the stock speakers. Was it a wetsounds factory system? If so, you probably had a decent amp in there. (good enough for someone to steal it anyway)

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Great insight!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Someone with your model can chime in but I thought it had a wetsounds crippled version. How many speakers?