• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help no power

mdchachi

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]

No power on water. Was plugging in an air pump to 12v and then all power went off. No radio. No starter. No bilge. No nothing.
I’m going to take a look at the fuse box now but wanted to get this post out first. Thanks.

Not sure about your boat but the older Yamahas have a main accessory fuse in the firewall near the batteries. You may also want to check the round cover on the ECU. Unscrew that cover to check the fuse. There should be a spare fuse in there also.

@mdchachi. Feel free to post or PM your cell # if you need anymore assistance.

Can anybody on the forum with a 2018 AR 195 assist @mdchachi ?

Have to believe fuse also
Not sure about 2018
Your ecu may have a round cover with fuses underneath

Watch the time if it doesn’t power up. You don’t want to be out in the dark.

Thank you.

The starter worked (I think I wasnt properly in neutral) but everything else still no power. I checked all fuses in the engine compartment fuse box. Any other places to look? User manual doesn’t indicate anything else. Maybe there is something near the radio?

At least I got off the water. But was hoping to go out again tomorrow.

As gym said earlier
On the older boats there is a single fuse by the battery, sometimes it on the wall tucked away so you really have to look for it

Do you have a second battery or any mods or is your electrical all stock

As gym said earlier
On the older boats there is a single fuse by the battery, sometimes it on the wall tucked away so you really have to look for it
If that was the case it wouldn’t have started, correct? The boat is 2018 AR195. Do you think it would have something like that?

Do you have a second battery or any mods or is your electrical all stock
No mods. One battery. To reiterate the starter worked after all (thankfully!) but everything else is not powered. No radio, no gauges, no horn, no blower, etc.

It happened when the air pump connected to the 12v plug near the radio was loose such that it turned off and on a couple times then all power went out.

My plan now is to look up the user manual for the radio when I get home. The Yamaha manual doesn’t indicate any other place to look other than that fuse box.

On our boats that fuse/line goes to the helm
A seperate line goes to the engine/ecu

How many cables are hooked to your positive battery post?

Did you press in the circuit/fuse breakers on the dash. Press all of the rubber reset buttons.... Outside of that I am out of ideas

On our boats that fuse/line goes to the helm
A seperate line goes to the engine/ecu
If so that makes sense since the engine is working and everything else is not. Is there a relay or something that could break?
How many cables are hooked to your positive battery post?
Just the one line that goes straight to the master cut-off switch.
I guess I can take another look at the fuses in the fuse box.
Which ones are mostly likely on that non-engine circuit? According to the manual there are Electronic Throttle Valve Fuse, Fuel Pump Fuse, Main relay drive fuse, and Main fuse and that's all.
Is there any other place to look? I checked behind the 12V outlet and there's nothing there. Just the circuit breaker next to it. Is there a way to bypass it and confirm that the breaker isn't bad? Would that breaker affect the entire helm?

Did you press in the circuit/fuse breakers on the dash. Press all of the rubber reset buttons.... Outside of that I am out of ideas
They are all squishy (ie not popped out) including the one next to the 12V.

Thanks.

How many wires are out of the master switch?
On our older boats we have an inline fuse on the accessory wire just after the battery (we dont have a cutoff switch)
Follow whatever wires lead out of the switch

Thank you for continuing to coax me to explore further over by the battery cut off switch. There is indeed a 20A fuse there and indeed it's burnt out. Different physical size than the spares in the fuse box so I will go out and buy spares tomorrow. I'm confident the problem is solved.
I found the service manual online and it's clear from the wiring diagrams that the fuses in the fuse box are only for the engine-related components. Good to know for future reference. Also glad this happened when I didn't have guests. If there's a next time I'll have spares and know immediately where to look. Thanks all!

Fuse is surely cause of the symptom. Now to determine if it was a fluke, or if there was a reason that caused it to blow. Buy a few just in case.

Fuse is surely cause of the symptom. Now to determine if it was a fluke, or if there was a reason that caused it to blow. Buy a few just in case.

How many other electric items were on at the time of the problem? If it was just the inflator, then the breaker on the dash near the power point should have blown first.

Most likely, you had the radio on, the inflator running and maybe the bilge pump kicked on? That might have been too much for it. (Please don't up-size the fuse by the way: The fuse is sized to keep your wires from catching fire.)

I was having a problem with my inflator tripping the breaker in the dash after it had run for a while. So I bought a pigtail that clamps on to the battery. The pigtail has a power-point (cigarette lighter) outlet on the end. I hook that directly to the battery and plug the inflator into it. I ONLY have it clamped to the battery when I'm using it. No more issues. (I DO plan to install an in-line fuse in the pig-tail just for piece of mind.)

Thank you for continuing to coax me to explore further over by the battery cut off switch. There is indeed a 20A fuse there and indeed it's burnt out. Different physical size than the spares in the fuse box so I will go out and buy spares tomorrow. I'm confident the problem is solved.
I found the service manual online and it's clear from the wiring diagrams that the fuses in the fuse box are only for the engine-related components. Good to know for future reference. Also glad this happened when I didn't have guests. If there's a next time I'll have spares and know immediately where to look. Thanks all!
Glad you tracked the culprit down, however I would take a closer look at that air pump before I plugged it back into the system again....It may have caused the overload and thankfully the fuse worked as designed.

I had that 20A fuse blow once as well when I was removing my LED lighting on the boat. Never blew again so figured it was a fluke,

JBN saving another day of boating and a trip to the dealer !

Can you post a picture of the fuse location and the cut off just so we have a reference for the newer boats

Back