• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! No RPM reading port-side. No Crank. 2015 Yamaha AR 240

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First start of season was going to get it out of driveway. Noticed the throttles were stuck a little. Put them in neutral and fired up starboard just fine, but got nothing from port-side. I did hear a little faint sound, but after that it dissipated. Engine light says starboard however, but it’s port-side that’s dead. Before cranking I see no readings for RPMs on screen. Stumped on how to diagnose ignition switch, throttle cable. I have new batteries and were fully charged over winter. Super stumped and defeated

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also checked clean out hatch and disconnected and re-connect lanyard. I have over 12 volts on batteries and cranks start board just fine. I hope it’s not starter that all the down.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree, start by checking the basics. Are the throttles in neutral, is the lanyard plugged in, make sure the swim deck hatch is depressing both of the safety buttons/switches, if you are not sure tape a few coins to the area of the hatch above the buttons or move them up. Also make sure they are tightly mounted and not subject to moving when coming in context with the hatch.

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will continue with the switches on the hatch to see if I can get a signal to get it to crank. I was even curious if the throttle needed was preventing neutral position for port-side? I have never taken that apart to see.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Recently I saw a post of another member who reinstalled their batteries and overlooked one of the cables. I saw you mentioned you had new batteries. Hopefully it’s something simple as that.

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had installed batteries before last season was over and had no issues ending season. This is new. System control doesn’t show anything that I can see except I got zero RPMs and nothing going to port side engine.

Attachments

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Switches looked depressed fully. I saw that those switches control both engines. My starboard fired up just fine

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fixed!! Yes. Turns out one of the red wires came loose behind my ignition key. Fired right up!!

Attachments

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed Ridesteady a couple years ago and it connect to ignition wire. My guess is red wire came loose and it is a push in.