• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

**~ HELP~** OIL CHANGE 2016 YAMAHA SX192

c.whitworth07@

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Good morning,

Its 710 fluid change time here in texas ol the ol 16 Yamaha Sx192 Supercharged JB.

Wanted to change plugs and 710 with OEM but wanting to reference the repair/service manual.

Does anyone happen to have a PDF version of this they would share??

Gracias in advance!

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wanted to change plugs and 710 with OEM but wanting to reference the repair/service manual.
Can't help with a manual, but the plugs are standard NGK plugs available from any parts store (usually cheaper than the dealer) probably LFR7A spec?

The oil is nothing special either, any decent 10w40 will work fine and costs less - up here in Canaduh better oil is less than half the cost of Yamalube. I use Castrol GTX 10w40 which is a semi-synthetic that has more detergents and lube additives than Yamalube. Don't forget the oil filter. Stock are really cheap paper/fiber filters and any 3614 or longer 3600 should work fine. Some use the Ford 910(?) filters. I'm using the Fram Toughguard 3600 but the cockpit drain rests on the starboard filter as it's longer than stock, so next year I'm going to switch back to a 3614 size so it fits beside the drain line.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The 192 is a SHO engine which uses the NGK LFR6A plug. The SVHO in the 195 uses the LFR7A plug.

Easiest way to change the oil is to buy the oil change kit from Yamaha LUB-WTRCG-KT-10 and an oil extractor pump like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079FJ21DV . Pump all the old oil out of the dip stick tube, put a towel down under the filter when you remove it to catch any extra oil that runs out of the filter and put the same amount back in that you removed plus a bit to account for the filter. I think on my last change I added 3.6qts and it was dead center of the stick crosshatches. I highly recommend ONLY using Yamalube in the HO/SHO/SVHO engines.

Last edited:

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Gracias in advance!

Not the boat but has everything mechanical and electrical.
Link to download is from this site jik case other file link does not work. Find the FZR ski and it has the SC 1.8 NA service manual for the engine

file:///Users/ac/Downloads/Yamaha%20WaveRunner%20FZR,%20FZS%20Service%20Manual%20[en]_compressed.pdf

You can run the 6A if you don't find 7A. It's a step colder for SC the 7A vs NA 6A.
I run the 7A in my NA 1.8 no problems.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You can run the 6A if you don't find 7A. It's a step colder for SC the 7A vs NA 6A.
I run the 7A in my NA 1.8 no problems.
Again, the LFR6A is the PROPER plug for the SHO engine, the LFR7A is for the SVHO engine. Sure, you can probably run them interchangeably but why not run what Yamaha recommends, both are easily acquired at any Yamaha dealer or Amazon/EBay, etc.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Again, the LFR6A is the PROPER plug for the SHO engine, the LFR7A is for the SVHO engine. Sure, you can probably run them interchangeably but why not run what Yamaha recommends, both are easily acquired at any Yamaha dealer or Amazon/EBay, etc.
Won't argue fact of Yamahas engineering but for me. I would always need plugs before 50 hours I just ran either one with NA and SHO as it was just available for me

That SVHO is on another level