• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help - one engine won’t pass 6500 rpm

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wouldn't hesitate to do that. Probably last for the life of the boat
Until the wire mysteriously breaks again. I wonder if I could snag an old wire harness or at least clip and end or 2 off for me, from a dealership if I sweet talk them :)

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys where are this clips exactly ? I have 2015 limited s also with same engine and #4 no power, can you guys take some pic for me please, looks like all wires are shirked wrapped and taped for me i will have to cut all the wire shrink ?

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat season about to start, still have that rough idle on same engine as the gentleman described, exact same issue, can someone help me to find that wire everything for me on my end is shrunk wrap, do I have to cut all wires ?

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone here who can help?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone here who can help?
Have you done exactly as the original poster has done? Ruled out changing spark plugs, removing pump, swapping ECMs, swapping coil packs.. Have you spark tested each coil to narrow it down to one pack as the problem?

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah did all that last year, brought new 2 set of spark plugs, moved coils from the left to the right and right engine is working fine, I was taking all spark plugs on the left engine and it was acting the same spark 4 is not getting power, when I remove 3rd engine shut off so I know for sure all 3 work but that one,

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Only thing I have to find that wire but everything is wrapped for me and I don’t want to brake all that shrink wrapping on the wire if I don’t have 2,

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah did all that last year, brought new 2 set of spark plugs, moved coils from the left to the right and right engine is working fine, I was taking all spark plugs on the left engine and it was acting the same spark 4 is not getting power, when I remove 3rd engine shut off so I know for sure all 3 work but that one,
So your next step is testing the voltage from the clip to the coil pack while cranking the motor. You should be able to do this without cutting wires by using a meter as stated in the post previously. If the clip still doesn’t have voltage on one of the wires you’ll need to trace that wire back to the ECM and test those areas. Or if you find a wire to the clip for the coil pack that isn’t working, I would cut the bad wire past the clip vertically just enough to try to see if you can test it to see if the clip is bad.

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok did the tests like you mentioned above, I am getting voltage to that wire 13v plus I did swap pack and spark plug from the right engine and it’s acting up similar way,

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sometimes use a vary vary small safety Pin........you can push it through the center of the wire giving you a test point for meter clips........after removing safety pin I coat the small hole with liquid tape or black tape it to seal.......I personally like liquid tape or plastic dip to seal the hole.

Hope this helps a little