• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help price my AR190

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I should be putting my 2013 AR190 up for sale fairly soon this coming spring, and was hoping for some advice on where to set my price and when would be the ideal time to list the boat.

I’ll probably put it on Craigslist in a few surrounding metro areas, as well as Boattrader and probably Facebook.

The boat has 70+ hours, Premium Deluxe Cover, Cobra Jet Steering (Viper), L13 Cone, new carpet, a Monster QD mirror, wakeboard rack, and the rest of the boat is stock.

The new motor (2016 w/50 hours) will probably be in the boat by the middle of March, so that is really my only limiting factor.

Does anybody have any words of wisdom? It’s my first boat sale, but I’ve sold countless other bikes, cars, trucks, and tractors, but thought I might solicit some advice for anything to think about/watch out for.

$17,500 - $20,000 would be my guess.
Why a new motor?

I should be putting my 2013 AR190 up for sale fairly soon this coming spring, and was hoping for some advice on where to set my price and when would be the ideal time to list the boat.

I’ll probably put it on Craigslist in a few surrounding metro areas, as well as Boattrader and probably Facebook.

The boat has 70+ hours, Premium Deluxe Cover, Cobra Jet Steering (Viper), L13 Cone, new carpet, a Monster QD mirror, wakeboard rack, and the rest of the boat is stock.

The new motor (2016 w/50 hours) will probably be in the boat by the middle of March, so that is really my only limiting factor.

Does anybody have any words of wisdom? It’s my first boat sale, but I’ve sold countless other bikes, cars, trucks, and tractors, but thought I might solicit some advice for anything to think about/watch out for.
With these nice mods, if you can wait until it warms up, the boat shows well, runs good in the water, you should be able to get 20k or close to it.
Can you still get tax credit (as in trade-in) for the new boat if you sell the 190 within 6 months or so of the new purchase? In MO that is a great allowance (private sale is treated the same as dealer trade-in for taxes, within time limits) but it does not work in every state.

--

@Dwrat, long story short on the engine; if your pump starts making noises that don’t sound right, shut the boat down immediately and swim it back to shore. If the pump bearings explode it can cause the shaft to wobble and move fore/aft slightly, which can damage the crank housing.

@swatski, I think I’ll be pretty close on the 6-months since I bought the 242 in September. Good thinking though.

Back