• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help - starboard won't start

Guess what - it happened again!

They have to pull the engine again! Said something about an oil line this time.

Beyond over it at this point. Don't even want the boat anymore.
Just reading this now - that sucks!!!
I'm assuming it is the same engine that had water ingress before?
May want to check @I know You know postings, he's got an (overheat?) related (exhaust manifold?) leak they say, but it sounds like the cooling passages/gaskets maybe leaking cooling (salt) water...

--

Nothing yet - prob will give Yamaha case manager a call during lunch.

They found gas mixed with the oil so they think there is a leak somewhere. That's all I got for today. Won't have any more info until Tuesday.

Still not much of an update. Sounds like they can't find the cause. Dealership requested new motor but apparently Yamaha only made this motor for one year. I guess Yamaha techs still going back and forth with dealer.

Well I have the boat back finally. No word on root cause. Everything starboard has been replaced... engine... ecu... wiring harness... etc. Hope to take it out soon.

Back