• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help troubleshooting engine / throttle issue

Mike Carter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good morning every one. I have been working on my boat ( 07 AR-230 ) getting her ready for the season. New plugs are properly gapped and in place. oil & filter are done. Inserted my batteries and checked the switches, stereo, lights, bildge... All good. Started boat with 1/2 a tank of fuel. Boat starts just fine. Idle's just fine no problems.

The prblem is when I move the levers for both engines, they bogg out a little like they want to die. But then they catch up and go in to a medium to high idle. The engines just dont react to the throttle levers as they should. In the past when I moved the levers, the engine responded crisply and with no bogging or hesitation.

I am thinking, I either have bad gas. My thottle boddies need to be cleaned and serviced since it's both sides. Or my injectors are dirty and need to be replaced.

Has anyone had this problem. Some advice would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this and Thanks in advance if you respond.

Happy boating my peeps. Mike

Last edited:

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Throw a can of seafoam in and then fill it up, then run it and see how it does. Being there’s only a half tank there could’ve been some moisture formed if you just now prepared it for the season. Also idk if you fog the cylinders and intake but if you do you should run the boat for a bit on the hose (preferably on old plugs before changed to new) to burn off all that fogging oil.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it happen with both engines? Any excessive gas smell from the exhaust?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How are the air filters? Any oil on them?

If they are not oily I would think it has something to do with fuel quality or delivery.

You could try running without air filters to see if they are the issue.