• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@help water coming out of rinse line

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Getting up to speed and the boat acts like it's cavatateing and I see water dripping from port side water rinse cap. Stuttering when attempting to throttle up.

JJ

Water dripping from the port side flush port cap will not cause cavitation or shuttering. The check valve in the port is leaking. I replaced one at about the same age.

Check your clean out plugs.

Opened up the Clean out Ports, Checked plugs and they were secure. Pulled them out and felt down in the hole for any obstructions but nothing there. Replaced Plugs, engaged throttles and verified water coming out of both Pee Holes. Boat gets up on plane but I now realize its the starboard side motor that stutters or bogs down.

How many hours on the spark plugs? Does that motor run rough at idle?

How many hours on the spark plugs? Does that motor run rough at idle?

Spark Plugs, easily less than 25-30 hours. Noticed today when the starboard was at idle it was definitely shuttering more than the port. Will most likely pull it out of the water tomorrow and start pulling plugs, and cords to check.

Check the oil???
Yes Sir. Multiple times on both engines. Before start up, immediately after start up and after I noticed the engine bogging down and sounding odd.

Might be a coil pack too. I’d start with changing plugs. If it still does it I’d swap the coil packs from the good engine & see if it follows the coils.

Back