• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with buying a new cover

MakingMemories

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's time to buy another mooring cover for my '04 AR230. In April of '09 I bought my first replacement from Sun Solutions and was very dissatisfied with it. It was about half as heavy as my original cover, and seamed cheaper. I received a yamaha genuine parts and accessories diagram with my invoice, which is easily copied. I don't want another cheap replacement. I found a new cover on yamahasportsplaza.com for $499.96. I am satisfied with the description, I would have liked to see a review or too before I buy it. Anyone use this or have other ideas? Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

I picked my cover up from them when it was on sale for Black Friday. EXCELLENT quality cover imo

I have bought two Yamaha mooring covers since 07. The second from Yamaha Sport Plaza. Both were exactly the same genuine Yamaha. Great fit. They tend to loose the absolute water repellentcy after the second season, boat is outside stored 24-7-365.. Still has a good 80% protection from water..if that makes sense. I did apply new repellent, Bass Pro brand upon good recommendations from the YBJ group. But I am sure it made my first cover brittle. Have stayed away from using any on the second. Does mildue on the underside a bit.
Not a lot of options for us AR owners in the way of aftermarket.
It has outlasted many of comparisons around me..and looks awesome.
Very easy to remove and install. 3 minutes off 6 minutes on..

I also used a water repellent. I can't imagine that would hurt the material. The second cover was just so much lighter. I actually saved my original cover and put it back on for another season. I did take my original cover to a shop and had heavy patches sewn on where their was high stress. At the anti-pooling poles and where the bumper on the windshield rubs. Was your cover from sun solutions about the same weight as your original?

Just purchased a new OEM cover for my 07 AR230. And received today. It seems a lot thicker than the one I got in 07 and they changed the buckle bag to one that is sewn in place at the rear with a rubber pad backing. Anti-pooling poles look different also. One thing I would change is have the vents on top like the shipping cover instead of on the sides where they catch on the window frame and tower. I am vertically impaired and have to climb up on the trailer to reach and free it.

lawson, where did you purchase your cover?

I purchased it from Leaders marine in Michigan for around $550 shipped. Having an AR definitely limits your choices but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good to know, thanks guys. Although I store the boat indoors, the cover is getting a tad bit old. No tears or rips, everything is still working, but it's getting a bit porous. I guess the newer "Deeluxe" covers are only made for the new models.

too bad, I really like those. Maybe a call to Commercial Sewing to see if they will make one for the "Classic 230"? :cool:

Back