• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP with SX190 buying decision, Will it fit in my 19' Garage

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@FLBulldogger

This is my 1st post here, but if I am following, Yamaha has the 2017 SX190/195 listed as 20’1 with the folder trailer tongue, and a height of 7’1 on the trailer, but you were able to fit this straight in your garage which has 6’9 clearance, and is just under 19’2 in length?

I’m trying to consider options I have for my similiarly sized garage.
Welcome aboard! Yes we are able to fit our SX190 straight into our garage! Our garage is like you stated and we have about a 1 1/2 inch of clearance, the height is not an issue! Good Luck!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Yes we are able to fit our SX190 straight into our garage! Our garage is like you stated and we have about a 1 1/2 inch of clearance, the height is not an issue! Good Luck!
Thanks for warm welcome & confirmation. I see in your initial post, you also asked for the width at the transom. I didn’t see that in this tread. Are you able to provide that? My back garage wall is not all at the same depth, not sure why...

I also noticed your location as Parrish. Do you use your boat mainly on the river or in Tampa Bay? Was wondering how it handeled in open water with a light to moderate chop. My initial plan was a 21ft, but if I can manage to fit the 19 in my garage, that’s a nice monthly savings on storage.

Thanks again Mate!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The width at the transom is approx. 88-89 inches hard to measure exactly with it in the garage. We launch out of Palmetto, ride up the Manatee, across the bay to either Passage or Egmont key depending on the crowds. I would not recommend crossing the Bay or open water in Moderate chop, only been out once when that happened and it was not a pleasant ride back..Light chop is managable and we cross the Bay in light chop all the time with no problems, just not WOT or anywhere near that. Have you found a boat yet or just started looking? I have PM'ed you with info...