• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP with SX190 buying decision, Will it fit in my 19' Garage

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
@Gustavo Hidalgo Welcome to the best Yammy boards on the internet, you will find a great resource here with lots of guys here with ton's of experience and advice. Not real sure about you post though..If your garage is 19'10" in depth that is plenty of room to get her in there, my garage is only 19'- 1 and a 1/2" deep with the hurricane straps on the garage door and I have room to spare. It should fit :winkingthumbsup"
The new kid (salesman) at the dealer told me the boat was 20' long more or less. But I see I have plenty of room a full 10 inches to spare..

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome @Gustavo Hidalgo. Make sure to post pics of the boat and how it fits in the garage when you bring her home.

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I can't wait now. I may called out sick.
Me: boss I'm not feeling well.
Boss: um on a Friday, what is wrong with you?
Me: not sure but, I think think it's a rare fever called Yamafibersx.
Boss: I better not see you posting pictures of you fishing on Facebook...
Me: nah
I'm definitely posting pictures.
Thank you,

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Does anyone know the width of sx190?
I just realized that my single Bay garage door is only 7' 10" wide by 8' high on the dot.

Last edited:

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Update***
Won't fit will have to pay storage meanwhile, and find a house with a bigger garage. Honey pack up we are moving.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update***
Won't fit will have to pay storage meanwhile, and find a house with a bigger garage. Honey pack up we are moving.
Was it the width? How wide is a 190?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Per https://www.yamahaboats.com/19-ft-boats/compare/ its 8’ wide. So your short a few inches
The Yamaha site isn't the best place to use dimensions, especially for fitting a boat in your garage. Most are inaccurate or don't specify exactly where the dimensions were taken from. Just a heads up in case you're shopping and trying to do the math on fitting one in your garage. Always best to come here and ask and most times people will go and measure their boat for you.

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Well for now I have to hold on the boat. The trailer wheels won't make it thru the door, no reasonable price for storage in Kendall. Left the dealer hearth broken.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just went out in the garage and measured my '17 AR190.

102" out to out across the tires. Might be a smidge wider at the center of the boat, but I can't measure that by myself (wife didn't want to go out in the cold :D) This includes the slightly deflated bulge of the tires in the 14deg garage!

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If it's any help, I went to a local dealership yesterday and measured everything I could on a 2018 AR195. Total length on the trailer was 19' 4". I'm thinking this can be adjusted slightly if you move the trailer arm up a bit. The width across the wheel base was 8' 6". There was an AR190 parked right next to the AR195. When looking at the wheels, the AR195 wheel was noticably larger than the AR190. I'm not sure if that would change the measurement at all. Total height to the top of the windshield was 83 inches. This was with the tires full. We lowered the tongue of the trailer about 3/4ths of the way down and it dropped to about 81". I'm thinking if you let out half of the air in the tires, you'd be about 79". Now I just need to justify the $42,500 price on the AR195. Haven't been able to do it just yet. Hope this helps.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it's any help, I went to a local dealership yesterday and measured everything I could on a 2018 AR195. Total length on the trailer was 19' 4". I'm thinking this can be adjusted slightly if you move the trailer arm up a bit. The width across the wheel base was 8' 6". There was an AR190 parked right next to the AR195. When looking at the wheels, the AR195 wheel was noticably larger than the AR190. I'm not sure if that would change the measurement at all. Total height to the top of the windshield was 83 inches. This was with the tires full. We lowered the tongue of the trailer about 3/4ths of the way down and it dropped to about 81". I'm thinking if you let out half of the air in the tires, you'd be about 79". Now I just need to justify the $42,500 price on the AR195. Haven't been able to do it just yet. Hope this helps.
Holy Sh$% they are running at $42k now!?! Did they gold plate the swim platform?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Holy Sh$% they are running at $42k now!?! Did they gold plate the swim platform?
Don't complain...at least not until you buy your next boat. Those new prices are keep our prices pretty dang strong. :winkingthumbsup"

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Best thing I did for backing in the boat was to lag bolt an ATV winch to the floor - much easier to just use the truck to get it close , then winch it in the rest of the way with the remote.
What size winch did you go with? Just using a 12v batt to power it then?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FLBulldogger

This is my 1st post here, but if I am following, Yamaha has the 2017 SX190/195 listed as 20’1 with the folder trailer tongue, and a height of 7’1 on the trailer, but you were able to fit this straight in your garage which has 6’9 clearance, and is just under 19’2 in length?

I’m trying to consider options I have for my similiarly sized garage.

Gustavo Hidalgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
@FLBulldogger

This is my 1st post here, but if I am following, Yamaha has the 2017 SX190/195 listed as 20’1 with the folder trailer tongue, and a height of 7’1 on the trailer, but you were able to fit this straight in your garage which has 6’9 clearance, and is just under 19’2 in length?

I’m trying to consider options I have for my similiarly sized garage.
No, I was not. Instead I got a 33 footer sailboat and left it anchor at the bay; garage problem solved.