• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP

Sean Davenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I had a set of REV 12's and an amp added to by factory set up on my 2022 252SE. It sounds amazing, but when we tried to launch the boat last weekend, i got a error message to have a Yamaha dealer look at it and the starboard engine wont throttle up. The dealer cant seem to find out what's wrong, so they are having a stereo guy they use look at it. Anyone had this problem before? I know these boats are very sensitive with voltage changes. I saw post from a few years ago a guy had the same issue, it was due to a bad battery?????

jthackman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i don't have your model, but mine is very sensitive to battery voltages. error messages and limp mode could all be due to low batteries, but i figure dealership would check that first. maybe stereo guy has amp wired to start battery? or the dvsr not wired correctly? are you storing the boat connected to a smart charger?

Sean Davenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i don't have your model, but mine is very sensitive to battery voltages. error messages and limp mode could all be due to low batteries, but i figure dealership would check that first. maybe stereo guy has amp wired to start battery? or the dvsr not wired correctly? are you storing the boat connected to a smart charger?
I have both batteries on trickle chargers I also noticed when i turn the battery switches off the speakers pop really loud .

jthackman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
then sounds like dealer is on the right track...stereo installer mis-wired something.
i'm no pro..hopefully someone will chime in with a better suggestion. maybe no remote wire?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have both batteries on trickle chargers I also noticed when i turn the battery switches off the speakers pop really loud .
The amp is wired to the battery switch so it kills the power when you turn it off, hence the loud pop. @jthackman is right - remote turn on was not used = stupid installer.

Not sure why you would get an error that would be the amp's fault, unless the installer messed up something else which sounds likely since he/she didn't bother to use the remote wiring. Could be a low battery now if something else is wired incorrectly or the chargers not connected properly, etc.