• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Her maiden voyage!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got her in the water. Still in in the break in period, so this is 35mph. Also, the water in the Inter-coastal was choppy. You can see the stepped hull works great keeping everything dry, and the boat cuts right through it.

Attachments

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great ride! That's considered smooth water on Lake Lanier her ein GA when the big boats are out. Especially this weekend with Pirates of Lanier Poker Run going on churning up the water.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was fun! And the wifey was exited to take her for a spin while I took the vid. My Searay would have been beat up going through that chop. So far, very impressed.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you had a great first outing. Congrats

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
She is beautiful!!!! The boats not too bad either!!! :devilhorns:JK...JK...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Yea, Im lucky to have my lady. I met her in the Marine Corps in Okinawa, but we are both from Miami. Here is a pic of her and our daughter.

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very Nice Mike! Anyone else noticed how quiet it sounded? That was the first thing I noticed. I could hear a little music in the background and even the occasional wave hitting the boat. Is it really that quiet?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its loud! LOL But it was starting to get quieter as we rode it today. It was extremely loud when we had our sea trial. I guess thats because its a catalyzed engine. It may take some hours for the ecu to adjust.

Very Nice Mike! Anyone else noticed how quiet it sounded? That was the first thing I noticed. I could hear a little music in the background and even the occasional wave hitting the boat. Is it really that quiet?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Two beautiful ladies Mike, sweet new boat. I would agree with you. You are a pretty lucky guy!!!! Also Thanks to you both for your service. It is appreciated[flag]

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thanks for uploading the pictures and video. I've got a Sea-Doo Speedster 150, purchased right before Sea-Doo sold their technology. First boat, love it, and was sad when the company cashed out. Needless to say, I'm happy to have Scarab picking up the business and giving these boats a great makeover.

The boat looks great, and I'm looking forward to ordering a 195 Impulse in red pretty soon. In the meantime, it's great to see some happy owners out there. Thanks again for sharing and keep it up!

There's probably a bunch of us out here that would love to hear any little things you discover about the boat that you find interesting/cool/annoying, accessories you'd recommend/not recommend, etc. So definitely please share.

Boat looks great. Congrats.

-- Josh

P.S. When you say it was loud, are we talking ear-splitting, or pretty normal for a small boat at 35mph?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome....Congratulations on everything! and thank you guys for your service....[flag]

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Speaking for myself, normal for a small boat going 35. I was hoping that the 4-stroke would be a lot quieter than the old 2's, but not so much.

I think it is better than my dual 717's on my old speedster.

The good news is that is has a sweet whine from the supercharger!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will definitely post as much as I can. I just purchased a GoPro to help out :).

You will love the boat. The fit and finish, and materials are head over heals above my Sea Ray. The noise is getting quieter as I break in the engine, but I can only compare to my old stern drive that was extremely quiet. You had to look at the water sometime to make sure it was on.

Just wanted to say thanks for uploading the pictures and video. I've got a Sea-Doo Speedster 150, purchased right before Sea-Doo sold their technology. First boat, love it, and was sad when the company cashed out. Needless to say, I'm happy to have Scarab picking up the business and giving these boats a great makeover.

The boat looks great, and I'm looking forward to ordering a 195 Impulse in red pretty soon. In the meantime, it's great to see some happy owners out there. Thanks again for sharing and keep it up!

There's probably a bunch of us out here that would love to hear any little things you discover about the boat that you find interesting/cool/annoying, accessories you'd recommend/not recommend, etc. So definitely please share.

Boat looks great. Congrats.

-- Josh

P.S. When you say it was loud, are we talking ear-splitting, or pretty normal for a small boat at 35mph?

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat looks sharp. Let us know the top speed once she's broken in. Get us some Go Pro when you roll through some real chop, I'd like to see how the Scarab brand handles the bumps. That's considered a glass surface in the Assawoman Bay. Sharp boat!

Frogboy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've only got 4 hours in so far and it's definitely noisier than I expected. May have to do some sound dampening.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I've only got 4 hours in so far and it's definitely noisier than I expected. May have to do some sound dampening.
Motor noise sound dampening = LOUD stereo MOD!!!!:devilhorns:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out today and got to 11 hours. We had 4 adults, and 3 kids in the boat. The inter-coastal was like glass. I pegged it, and with 3/4 tank of gas we got to 43mph @ 8300k -/+ rpm. That was faster than I thought it would go. I can imagine when its just the wife and I. The engine is now purring and not as loud.

One thing I love about this boat is the maneuverability. Its almost like I have a joystick like the expensive boats. I was able to spin this thing at the fuel dock like a boss.

Dylan1429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
great looking boat bud! did you have a hard time deciding between the 195 and 215?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I had my eye on the 195 for a while. I did like the fact that the 215 had the dual engines, but I didnt need that much boat. For the most part its just me and my wife going out on it, and its more than enough. Plus, being able to get the HO Impulse version was awesome!

great looking boat bud! did you have a hard time deciding between the 195 and 215?

Dylan1429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
awesome ! the only worry I have is being able to pull someone on the tube.