• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

He's only 2.5 hrs from Lake Powell

Should @Majorsmackdown go to Lake Powell if he's only 2.5 hrs away?

• Yes

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, @Majorsmackdown has decided to stop at the Grand Canyon on his tow back from Ft. Lauderdale. Lake Powell is only 2.5 hrs away from the Grand Canyon Village. Do you think that he should spend at least 1 day on Lake Powell?

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_2150.JPG Mrs Smackdown is voting no. It's almost as bad as a veto.

:(

But we've never laid eyes on the Grand Canyon and look forward to it.

We're afraid lake powell might be a letdown after bimini. :)

Last edited:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'd say go! Red rock canyons by boat is fantastic! Besides, you need to do a fresh water dip to get all the salt out! ;) I would say it's a bucket list item.

Besides, the Grand Canyon isn't going anywhere and it's peak touareg season and will be crowded and HOT. You end up parking the truck and trailer somewhere and will take the in park shuttle bus everywhere.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd say go! Red rock canyons by boat is fantastic! Besides, you need to do a fresh water dip to get all the salt out! ;) I would say it's a bucket list item.

Besides, the Grand Canyon isn't going anywhere and it's peak touareg season and will be crowded and HOT. You end up parking the truck and trailer somewhere and will take the in park shuttle bus everywhere.
@JetPowered, are there any other must see spots on Lake Powell?
Thx

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Powell is a bucket list item, it's much nicer than viewing the Grand Canyon, put it to you this way - Hawaii is my favorite place on Earth, Lake Powell is my second favorite. If you stay in Page, AZ stay at the Days Inn, there is an awesome Mexican Restaurant, Fiesta Mexicana and great BBQ at Big John's Texas BBQ.

Ask @txav8r he spent spent a fair amount of time there, after their trip there he was considering retiring there.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
While I haven't been to Bimini in my own boat, I have boated all over the Caribbean, and some of the world. I have been to many of the islands and out on the waters. I wouldn't put Bimini or even Hawaii on a bucket list, I would rather fly and charter a boat that can show me more. Lake Powell however, can't be fully seen or enjoyed from a tour. It is in my opinion, the top bucket list item of any boater. It just is far and away more impressive than just another island. I have scuba dove on the Indians, the Rhone, Great Dog, Roatan, Bermuda, Nassau, Bonaire, Little Cayman, Cozumel, Maui, and Belize. Bimini is just the closest to FL, it isn't the most amazing, and none of those, aside from Hawaii, are even in the same discussion as Lake Powell. Once you see it for even a day, your going to be scheduling your next bucket list item.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake Powell is a bucket list item, it's much nicer than viewing the Grand Canyon, put it to you this way - Hawaii is my favorite place on Earth, Lake Powell is my second favorite. If you stay in Page, AZ stay at the Days Inn, there is an awesome Mexican Restaurant, Fiesta Mexicana and great BBQ at Big John's Texas BBQ.

Ask @txav8r he spent spent a fair amount of time there, after their trip there he was considering retiring there.
And he still wants to...if only he could figure out how to!!! It is an amazing place and you gave me such good intel on the area, I know it added to our adventure. I second both restaurants too!

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Powell could never be a let down after anything. I spent a week on a house boat there. amazing!

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boating in florida was on my bucket list for years. Then I found the bimini trip. We have boated in many places and enjoy the bimini trip most. Its not just the location but the entirety of it all.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating in florida was on my bucket list for years. Then I found the bimini trip. We have boated in many places and enjoy the bimini trip most. Its not just the location but the entirety of it all.
I guarantee you Lake Powell will be worth going to, it's breath taking and the water is crystal clear. It's basically like the Grand Canyon filled with water, absolutely stunning.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guarantee you Lake Powell will be worth going to, it's breath taking and the water is crystal clear. It's basically like the Grand Canyon filled with water, absolutely stunning.
Lake Powell IS on my bucket list to take the boat! I am going to make that happen sometime in the next couple years, I hope. Dont you go there almost every year, Dan?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Powell IS on my bucket list to take the boat! I am going to make that happen sometime in the next couple years, I hope. Dont you go there almost every year, Dan?
Yes Sir, every year, it's awesome, feels like home when we pull into town. We are going for close to a week late August or early September, @captras let's make a plan, come on out Bob!!!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm lucky enough to take a few trips to Lake Powell every year and I can't express how nice it is. I've boated all over the country and although there are very pretty lakes none of them compare to Powell!

Last edited:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm lucky enough to take a few trips to Lake Powell every year and I can't express how nice it is. I've boated all over the country and although there are very pretty lakes non of them compare to Powell!
I agree 100%

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Powell is on my bucket list as well if I was 2.5 hours away and had my boat with me not sure I could say no. I plan to tow there in the next few years and do it or possibly just rent a boat and fly in.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_2171.JPG We're here but it's midnight and no hotels. Ooof. Not sure how this will turn out. The Grand Canyon and meteor crater were worth the detour in my mind. We are trying to see lake powell but timing sux. Showing up uninvited on Friday night not so good.

Last edited:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Call the Days Inn and talk with Becky the Manager, tell her you are a friend of Dan Pilgrim, see what she can do for you, worst case we know some people who live there that might have extra room in their homes. I will PM you my cell phone number.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did talk to someone at days inn and was told they were full up. We ended up leaving page at 6:am. It was sad to be so close and drive by.

Perhaps another vacation someday dedicated to lake powell and hook up with some other Jetboaters.

Moose pre planned this and will be there for a few days. Im jealous. :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is such a bummer to be there and unable to secure accommodations. Did you try the resort at the Wahweap Marina? They are more pricy, but it is a gorgeous place and the view is amazing. We stayed in their RV resort on around the shoreline toward the state line ramp.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
July 24th is a holiday in Utah and everyone is out. It might be hard to get in somewhere last minute this weekend!