• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hey guys

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Finally getting back to working on my lx2000 taking airbox and valve cover off
To get to oil lines does it all come off together just taking the two screws off one in each side of metal plate next to grease fitting will I have to replace gasket at carbs ty in advance

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Or is it the Allen heads on side of carbs under cover that removes it

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, replace the gaskets. Air box comes off and then you remove the metal plate. Do you have a service manual?

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Yes, replace the gaskets. Air box comes off and then you remove the metal plate. Do you have a service manual?
Had one in tablet I downloaded months ago tablet crapped out from the looks of it hav to remove 4 Allen head screws under funnels to get box off and then plate comes off r can I see enough with plate in ty again my friend

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As 4x15mph states, you can remove the two (2) bolts holding the shiny metal plate off that sits below the airbox and above the carbs. the whole airbox and plate will lift off after the fore and aft grease hoses are removed. If you need to take it apart further, then remove the four (4) allen screws connecting the airbox to the three (3) carbs. IF you do the latter, then you will probably need to replace the gaskets.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Had one in tablet I downloaded months ago tablet crapped out from the looks of it hav to remove 4 Allen head screws under funnels to get box off and then plate comes off r can I see enough with plate in ty again my friend
As 4x15mph states, you can remove the two (2) bolts holding the shiny metal plate off that sits below the airbox and above the carbs. the whole airbox and plate will lift off after the fore and aft grease hoses are removed. If you need to take it apart further, then remove the four (4) allen screws connecting the airbox to the three (3) carbs. IF you do the latter, then you will probably need to replace the gaskets.
hey mss ty I loosened the two screws still felt like something else was holding it I’ll try again maybe I need tap it little bit just didn’t won’t to take anything loose I didn’t hav to ty for tips

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Just pulled it you do have to remove all Allen’s
B4 it comes off didn’t do a whole lot of good dam oil lines are behind carbs can’t get at anyway guess you have to dig lot deeper to be able to change them need to hire me lil oriental guy these paws I got ain’t gonna fit back there lmao

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The oil lines should come off the oil pump and run down the outside of the bottom half of the air box. The oil lines plug into fittings on the outside of the lower half of the air box. The lines do not touch the carbs but push oil through the airbox where it drips into the velocity stacks. If you haven't split the air box, you should so you can see what I am referring to. However, to change the oil lines you do not need to. The oil likes connect on the starboard side of the air box.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
The oil lines should come off the oil pump and run down the outside of the bottom half of the air box. The oil lines plug into fittings on the outside of the lower half of the air box. The lines do not touch the carbs but push oil through the airbox where it drips into the velocity stacks. If you haven't split the air box, you should so you can see what I am referring to. However, to change the oil lines you do not need to. The oil likes connect on the starboard side of the air box.
Hey thnx again sounds like you done this b4 lol I got it split guy just sent me this pic tell me all the little short lines is oil rite is rhat what
goes bad can I remove that blk bottom plate
And lay plate and carbs to side to have access to them came this far hate to not change them r at least give it my best try ty man

Attachments

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The hoses in the diagram above are pulse lines that provide pressure/suction for the fuel pumps in the carburetors.

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
on this diagram, number 22 is the nozzle that the oil lines push onto. 36 is the hose, but the diagram is a little hard to read. The oil pump is on the front to the magneto cover and the hoses come off and run down the starboard side of the air box.

Attachments

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Cool so how many oil lines are there that everyone on site keeps tellin me to change that they dry rot and shrink slip off I’m confused now lol I guess most these guys not doing the digging or the work them selves ty so much

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Wow so I’m chasing a ghost so let me get this rite only oil lines is ones on side airbox and from there to pump these r still on look ok but zip ties loose so I’m just get new gasket put new clamps on them n be done I hope I was sure thinkin oil lines went from carb to carb

Attachments

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Ty very much my friend. just wiped all lines down look new no leaks. and haven’t slid back any. I will replace clamps on lines the two rides I did take smoke from both motors so oil is present
You saved me bunch time n money on that one hope it wasn’t a bother to you ty love to pic ya brain again sometime do you have the lx2000 also

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You got it right. Those are the lines and there is one per carb/cylinder. The problem with the older lines is they get hard, shrink, and come off. As the lines harden, the clamps/zip ties doe not tighten up enough. So make sure they won't pull off.