• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hi can I get help on trouble shooting Engine turns but doesn’t start

Sx2302004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi ran into trouble with one engine turning but no start on my 04 sx230 swapped fuel pumps ,checked landyard switch ,hatch switch all good also checked for spark and fuses where ok when adding starter fluid engine starts stays on till fluid burns off has anyone came across same issues ? Any info or ideas will greatly be appreciated
Thank you hole to here from you guys 👍
Also trying to order Yamaha software with obd connection see where that ends up as well

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you say you swapped fuel pumps, what exactly did you do to swap them. Did you actually lift the fuel hatch cover and swap the fuel lines and the electrical connection from one pump to the other, because that is what it is needed to swap them.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s not getting fuel if it runs on starting fluid

Sx2302004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes no fuel going into injectors so I back tracked back to the pump found this connector was the issue swapped it off working motor and engine started up having a hard time looking up part what’s the proper name for this connector

Attachments

Sx2302004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you say you swapped fuel pumps, what exactly did you do to swap them. Did you actually lift the fuel hatch cover and swap the fuel lines and the electrical connection from one pump to the other, because that is what it is needed to swap them.
I swapped complete fuel pump assembly from one engine to the other but I must have mixed the none working connector(relay) some how as I worked on pumps last year while trouble shooting now sure what happed there but I was able to back track back to fuel pump not working

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you can’t find the exact just replace both male & female ends with weather pack connectors from your local auto parts store or online.
Search Amazon Weather Pack 2 wire connectors and find the right gauge wire for your app.

Sx2302004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you can’t find the exact just replace both male & female ends with weather pack connectors from your local auto parts store or online.
Search Amazon Weather Pack 2 wire connectors and find the right gauge wire for your app.

Thank you still baffled as to the name of this connector lol

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes no fuel going into injectors so I back tracked back to the pump found this connector was the issue swapped it off working motor and engine started up having a hard time looking up part what’s the proper name for this connector
This may help in locating/find the part(s) you're looking for, that relate to your model year;

It's an avenue worth exploring :winkingthumbsup"

Robb235

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know I’m late to the party, but this has been an excellent website for finding connectors: