• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

High Compression?

jeremywatco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brought home a low hour 2007 AR210 few weeks ago. Been fun! Pulled the hours. They were at 190. PO said it was serviced in April but didnt have any documentation on it... so I did an oil change and plug change.

Starboard engine, plugs unscrewed with little effort at all. Like none. Used my compression tester on them and got 185-185-193-220. Retested the 220 multiple times and always got 220. Any concern there? On of the boots on the coil was partially missing.. there was enough to cover the plug but here was a good 1/2" missing off the coil

Port plugs were all TIGHT.. i ended up soaking all of them in PB blaster for a bit after hearing of broken plugs. They freed up after that. Port compressions were 190-200-190-200.

I torqued the plugs to 10 ft/lbs as thats the lowest my wrench goes. I hand tightened the coil bolts and gave them maybe an 1/8 of a turn after with my wrench.

Speaking of cylinders.. what is the layout? Is Cylinder #1 the one more forward on the engine?

Also... Starboard engine... 1/2 the plugs were pretty white.. half looked almost new.

Port engine.. all were oily. Not bad but all had oil on the threads. Checked oil level.. looked great.

Just curious about that 220 on the compression and oil on the port plugs. This was my craftsman compression tester.