• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hinting at a New Model?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That 80's Neon Color Palette scheme... Anyone planning on keeping the boat for some 5+ years - I would consider that it's going to look not so cool, fast, those colors don't tend to age well. Sure one can powder coat the tower/ wrap the hull but that's laborious and not cheap.

Frankly, I just don't get it, to me those primary colors look like something designed in East German block just before the Wall came down... If Yamaha wanted to be perceived as a legit boat builder why not stick with more traditional nautical themes. My 0.02, but I don't respond to those surveys as I feel too far removed from the mainstream.

I would respond to a survey of their tower locking mechanisms, I believe I could be very helpful there.

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would think that anything other than a white upper deck would simply result in more heat (especially down south)....might be ok for northerners, but I want white-cool surfaces! I hate that my headrests are black...dumbest color ever for an outdoor seating material color...looks cool....but is HOT as heck in NC!
I think white is great for upper deck, but they could incorporate some color to break up the white a bit.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would think that anything other than a white upper deck would simply result in more heat (especially down south)....might be ok for northerners, but I want white-cool surfaces! I hate that my headrests are black...dumbest color ever for an outdoor seating material color...looks cool....but is HOT as heck in NC!
Like this. White but bring the color up to break it up.
A116CAAA-4B52-4812-8059-18A7C83F422C.jpeg

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. @ACRDSPORT14 has had been spot on.
Those surveys are silly.

So, not this year. Most likely next. I've now heard from two (soft) sources they have a 27' with twin SVHOs in early production.
I, for one, would not be interested as I find 24' good enough. Also not too keen on likely pricing and fuel consumption implications. But it would be a hoot to drive, I'm sure!

--
This kind of talk is turning me on. Man I hope your sources are correct.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to be different ;). I just would like to see options for the buyer, especially for the prices these things are going for these days. Even a "budget" wake boat that's in the same price range as a 242X but you can build the wake boat how you want. My issue isn't so much the white, it's just that it is the same "belt line" look on all the boats regardless of trim or size. Like that Supra pic posted by @MattFX4 you can at least break up the white a little. Just give people options other than BNG skittles each year IMO.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even Chaparral understands that options are important. Granted these are just vinyl graphics instead of actual gel coat but at least you can add some color to the boat inside and out to break up the all white and create something different if people so choose.

image.png

image.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would respond to a survey of their tower locking mechanisms, I believe I could be very helpful there.

--
Wouldn't it be great if yamaha took public opinion on items such as safety and fit and finish quality...? o_O

Aren't you involved in pending litigation over your tower? (Pardon my digression from the topic)

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aren't you involved in pretending litigation over your tower?
Yes, we are pursuing them in court, as everything else failed. Kind of an interesting experience.
Expecting some results pretty soon but who knows... Lets just say they seem well versed in legal maneuvering, and pretty conniving at that. The sad part is, I've concluded they know the AR tower locking mechanism is flawed. Wonder what's it gonna take for them to fix it/issue a recall. Hopefully not someone's ruined health, or worse. Not all boaters have a béton-head like mine, lol.

(thread digression - over and out, lol)

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the survey as well, there were probably close to 60 different schemes. Many of them were very clean and classy, but some really bold (and some hideous ones as well).

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the survey as well, there were probably close to 60 different schemes. Many of them were very clean and classy, but some really bold (and some hideous ones as well).
Sorry if there's someone who doesn't agree but the purple one was fugly! :vomit: