• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holy Crap. Read if you have verizon for cell service

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am shocked. AT&T is just ripping people blind with their cell costs, and their Direct TV costs. I slowly have been transferring my lines over to verizon. AT & T was charging me an $85 access fee to get unlimited $30 on each line. I finally ported over my last 3 phones over the weekend, to Verizon. I called (or thought I was calling) AT and T today to cancel my cell service and Direct TV. This time, I meant it as I am officially done. Besides, you can no longer threaten to leave Direct TV and end up with a 60% discount to stick around,like I did for years. So I was D O N E done. I called 611. Little did I know it was 611 to verizon, as all my lines were now on Verizon but my At and T bill says call 611. I told the rep I was cancelling all my AT and T accounts. I had no patience, and didn't want to listen to his BS. The rep said did anyone offer you 40% off your phone lines? I said that shipped sailed last month when I called and was told no discounts were available. I said "same with Direct Tv. Cancel it." Then, "Sir, this is Verizon. Not AT and T." Oops..so sorry. I guess when I call 611 now, it goes to Verizon customer service. He said "That is correct, and you had me confused when you started talking about Direct TV as Verizon is not involved with that." Then, of course, I said "Well, guess what? I want that 40% off now." The rep, who claimed he was a supervisor (remember - I called and advised I was cancelling so went to that dept, and happened to catch a supervisor), said no problem. Now, my unlimited $35 lines are now $21 forever, and the Ipad lines went from $20 down to $12. Not sure if you all can get this, but it damn sure worked for me. I think the key was I was so pissed off with AT and T and had already switched over, that I wasn't threatening "cancelling" to leverage a better deal. I was just DONE! Gotta' love it! Maybe I will go play the lotto this week!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You scared me! I thought the Chinese government was reading my texts or something after that headline.
I get a nice discount through my employer with Verizon, but this is worth a shot for others.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We left AT&T long ago. Now I am wondering about keeping Verizon. My wife and I use our phones and 1 iPad less than 2 gigs and yet we pay well over 100 per month. Thinking of switching to Consumer Cellular.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Big red is pricey, but I get a good corporate discount. It also is fantastic with the coverage at home and away. So I keep it. I did leverage the free Disney + with it watch the mandalorian.

att cellular sucks, for my neighbor too, they just switched to Verizon too.