• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Home automation

Legolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There are so many great ideas to try! I've recently bought a house and I am so excited to try things in order to make everything automated. I know that this will cost a lot, but it's definitely worth it. A friend of mine mounts this kind of stuff for a living and he has told me to buy the necessary gear from Industrial Automation Supplier - Allen Bradley - GE Fanuc - Eaton | Automationstop.com. He has also told me that he will mount everything. I am so grateful to have him. This is not my domain and I don't want to mess things up. I've always worked with professionals and I am very confident that he will do a great job. I cannot wait for this to be over and to be able to test it!

Last edited:

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got some fun cheap automation set up at the house. A few of my favorites:

While arriving home... Geofencing tells the front gate to open from phone's location. Keypad door lock unlocks door, disarms Ring, sets Alexa to Home mode, turns on lights.

While leaving... Locking the door arms alarm, sets Alexa to guard mode, turns off lights, opens gate.

Then I have a Neato vacuum and I've built a script that tells it to go vacuum when I'm away from home, alarm armed, I've been home since the last cleaning and it's been 24 hours since the last cleaning.

I also have Virtual Buttons setup to abuse Siri shortcuts to hit a URL and that URL triggers a IFTTT routine to control things that normally don't have Apple Homekit integration.

I'm mostly Alexa based as the cloud hub service. My next home will have a locally hosted server with Home Assistant. Same for security - will be locally hosted instead of the cloud cams.