• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hose connector

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know where I can buy an attachment for the garden hose with an on-off valve to use when flushing the motors. I lost mine on my boat upgrade. Naturally the one that came with the new boat is worth about $.50.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used the applicator that came with my salt away. Same type is used on other things too at a cheaper cost. Worked great for turning the water on and off to flush when I needed to.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there generally enough water pressure to attach a two way valve to run both engines at the same time?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is there generally enough water pressure to attach a two way valve to run both engines at the same time?
No. Not a good idea. You want as much water going thru there as possible.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I figured unless you were tapping into a fire hydrant that it likely wouldn't provide enough water.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the setup I use. Just bought 2 end cap connectors, but the key is the 8' hose and shutoff valve from the big box stores. It enables me to sit at the helm and turn the water on and off without moving.

Attachments

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No. Not a good idea. You want as much water going thru there as possible.
Also not a good idea because if one goes into overheat or quits you probably won't notice it. I flush one at a time in "no wake" mode. That way if it were to go into overheat it would automatically drop down to low idle and I would hear it immediately.