• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How are the stock Stereo systems?

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Guys, Was wondering if anyone has some insight into the the stock stereo systems that are currently on/coming on the 250 lines?

Looking into maybe upgrading boats from my awesome and reliable 2014 242LS to a 2024 255 XE/XD.

I know the systems have come a long way from the Clarion head unit I had stock on my 242. I've seen bits and pieces of Wetsounds being mentioned on the newer models but no specs. Yamaha is very limited in 'details" even on the brochure.

I put a nice Fusion system with extra speakers, WS amp and powered sub on mine and love the sound. Just curious if the new systems will be cranking or will I have to mod a $100k boat for better sound.

Thanks for any input.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Unfortunately, the WS stock amps on the Yamaha's are locked down and can't be tuned.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I picked up my 2024 255xd last week. Been messing with the Zone Adjustments but the Wet Sounds System is certainly not meeting expectations. There is no "punch" to the base from the Sub or Tower and the Cabin zone is lacking volume. I have contacted WS and they are sending me a dongle to plug into the amps to upload the "Yamaha" approved tune to see if it helps (in case the tune is incorrect from install). More to follow once the dongle arrives.
Outside of that the boat is amazing!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well that’s pretty disappointing regarding the sound and thanks for that reply.. let me know if the dongle helps out any.

you have any specs on the system? Amp, #speakers, max wattage and sub type/location etc??? I just can’t find anything.

congrats on the new toy!!! Send some pix

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Update......

I received the Dongle from WetSounds. Plugged it in, pressed the button, and the download was complete is less than 5 seconds. This was on the HTX-6 DSP-OE (Bow, Cabin, Aft, and Sub) speakers. The Highs are now loud enough to hear while cruising and the Sub hits like it should.

A little disappointed that there is no information on these sound systems even when talking to the WetSounds Rep. Could not get straight answers on what model/wiring or operation information a Tech Support Rep should be able to answer. (HTX-4 DSP has a RED LeD) at times. Knowing a RED LeD pattern is used for troubleshooting codes but mine stays solid. Tech Support Red could not answer why........May push for RMA replacements.

The HTX-4 DSP running the Tower has 6 RCA Inputs for a 4-channel AMP. WTH? Even the Tech Support Rep at WetSounds was confused.......now I am not the most confident in the system. Sending the Dongle back along with emailing photos of the setup/wiring for a re-program of the HTX-4 DSP in hopes of getting the Tower more juice.

BTW. Getting inside the Helm is not an easy task with all of the DriveX system installed. Gonna have to teach the 7 year old some quick Stereo System Wiring. LoL

Attachments

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
A little update.

After obtaining a DSP Dongle for both the HTX-4-DSP and HTX-6-DSP from WetSounds the amps seem to now be programmed to Yamaha specs. Sound quality was horrible from the Factory.

The HTX-6-DSP certainly has increased the sound quality in the sub but not for the cabin speakers. They lack any kind of loudness in voice.
The HTX-4-DSP makes the ower Stealth Sound Bar and 2 REV10s scream

Still chasing the HTX-6-DSP having a solid RED LeD after about 2 minutes of operation. Not flashing any code sequence but solid RED.

WetSounds in going to ship me a replacement HTX-6-DSP next week. Hope this solves it.

More to follow

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@ahenderson432

Thanks man! Great update brother. Glad to hear there is some progress in the sound quality. Yea, fingers crossed that the replacement HTX-6 will make the cabin speakers kick in. It seems to me that they have made this system way more complicated and locked down than it needs to be. I don't get it. I played around with the stereo system at the boat show and even though it was a quick hook up to my iPhone via BT to listen to it I was underwhelmed but it could have been locked down or in a "mode" while at the show. God I hope so.

I'll shoot you a PM when my 255XD has an arrival date cuz I have a ton of questions about this boat. My 242LS has been amazing and I'm anxious to move on since I know every sound and vibration that she makes. Gotta start all over but I'm pumped.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Here’s something I found when listening via BT on an iPhone. Change the EQ and Audio Quality setting. Here is how I have mine. Made a huge difference.

Settings-Music
Under-Audio
  1. Turn off Dolby Atmos
  2. Turn off EQ
  3. Turn off Sound Check
  4. Turn off Crossfade
  5. Set Audio Quality
    1. Cellular​
      1. Hi-Res Lossless​

2. 5G-WiFi​
      1. Hi-Res Lossless

3. Downloads
      1. Hi-Res Lossless

We are all pawns to the tech giants!

Attachments

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well after a few weeks of work travel i was able to be home and install the HTX-6 Amp shipped to me by WetSounds. BAM! Now that is how this system is supposed to sound.

Red LED issue is gone. Blue Lights on both Amps as they should be while in normal operation.

I do not have any proof and waiting to hear back from WetSounds once they look at my OEM Amp but I believe there must have been some sort of short in the HTX-6 causing issues in the whole system.

The cabin speakers now have audible voice with some mid-range.
Sub pounds and rattles the boat
And the tower has increased volume

Master volume set at 70
Tower, Cabin, and Rear Deck Zone settings at/or below 75 all around
Sub at 70 max before it begins to distort.

Thank you to the guys at WetSounds for sticking with me and not batting a eye to get this resolved. Saved me from ripping out the whole system and starting fresh before its first Summer Season.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’ll be shooting you a few PM’s shortly. And GREAT news about the stereo! I was worried about it since My boat “should” be here n a couple of months and I wasn’t getting a good vibe about the system. Sounds like WetSounds stepped up…

I have lots of questions for ya brother.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do you control all of those presets on the connex screen or is there an app to tweak the settings with the iPhone.

my iPhone doesn’t have the atmos and audio quality selections.

I was pretty disappointed in the bass from the SW today. That thing should be thumping.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
All of the EQ settings I screenshot above are from my iPhone settings. No app. The Connext screen only has "zone" volume adjustments. No Gain Control on the Amps either. They are digital and factory set by WetSounds per Yamaha specs.

I suggest contacting WetSounds Tech Support and requesting a "Dongle" for each amp. Quick connection and programming download. Merely Plug it in and turn them on. Download complete in seconds.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have WS HTX-2 & HTX-6 amps not factory) powering my current system (boat is listed 4 sale) and have had no issues with sound quality or volume. What is a "Dongle" ?

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would not doubt your (non factory) AMPs rock. Yamaha sets the limits on the WetSounds amps during build but may not upload the correct programming. WetSounds Tech Support was very helpful and quick to send me the Dongle to upload the programming to each AMP.

The "Dongle" is a plug in device WetSounds can send you that contains the DSP programming for each AMP. Since the AMP has no physical Gain Controls the programming is internal the "Dongle" is plugged into the AMP, Power on the AMP, and press a button on the Dongle to upload the program. Took all of a few seconds.

Huge increase in bass and volume.

My HTX-4 noted in previous post definitely had an issue where the LED would stay solid red. Blue is normal operating mode and flashing red represents a code by number of flashes per cycle. After replacing the HTX-4 the sub now rattles the mirror. I have sent emails to WetSounds to see what they found internally with my factory AMP but have not heard back. Will keep up on it.

NorCalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Would you be able to share anymore details such as the number to call, what to ask for exactly?

I have the 275 and was quite unimpressed as well.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Update......

I received the Dongle from WetSounds. Plugged it in, pressed the button, and the download was complete is less than 5 seconds. This was on the HTX-6 DSP-OE (Bow, Cabin, Aft, and Sub) speakers. The Highs are now loud enough to hear while cruising and the Sub hits like it should.

A little disappointed that there is no information on these sound systems even when talking to the WetSounds Rep. Could not get straight answers on what model/wiring or operation information a Tech Support Rep should be able to answer. (HTX-4 DSP has a RED LeD) at times. Knowing a RED LeD pattern is used for troubleshooting codes but mine stays solid. Tech Support Red could not answer why........May push for RMA replacements.

The HTX-4 DSP running the Tower has 6 RCA Inputs for a 4-channel AMP. WTH? Even the Tech Support Rep at WetSounds was confused.......now I am not the most confident in the system. Sending the Dongle back along with emailing photos of the setup/wiring for a re-program of the HTX-4 DSP in hopes of getting the Tower more juice.

BTW. Getting inside the Helm is not an easy task with all of the DriveX system installed. Gonna have to teach the 7 year old some quick Stereo System Wiring. LoL
Am I looking at it wrong or is the 4 channel amp using rca inputs and the 6 channel using line level inputs?

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Good new! I was able to get in touch with Nate Randle (nathaniel.randle@wetsounds.com) at Wetsounds. He is the OEM Tech Manager who is responsible for the Wetsounds system on our boats. He sent out a DSP Programmer dongle for each of the amps.
20240407_103144.jpg
Included was a set of instructions. The process could not have been any simpler and what a difference! Everything is much more alive...especially the sub and tower speakers. Thank you Nate!!

Just to clarify, I had to put a deposit on these and send them back when done. They are around $100 each if you don't send them back....so please don't ask me for them. :)

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
THANK YOU! I'll be sending him an email today.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Good new! I was able to get in touch with Nate Randle (nathaniel.randle@wetsounds.com) at Wetsounds. He is the OEM Tech Manager who is responsible for the Wetsounds system on our boats. He sent out a DSP Programmer dongle for each of the amps.
View attachment 217729
Included was a set of instructions. The process could not have been any simpler and what a difference! Everything is much more alive...especially the sub and tower speakers. Thank you Nate!!

Just to clarify, I had to put a deposit on these and send them back when done. They are around $100 each if you don't send them back....so please don't ask me for them. :)
Will these unlock or tune the stock amp/s the come with a Yamaha boat?