• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How are the stock Stereo systems?

Is that different from stock?
I think there have been some issues on the 2024 255XD with the wrong tune being loaded at the factory. You would know if yours didn't sound right. ?

So I finally got the programmers and they did nothing, so I guess the 275s are correctly programmed from the factory

Thank you all for the great info on this thread. After reading this and a few other threads, I've changed my plans to use a Wet Sounds WS-420 to try and improve the sound quality. Instead, I'm going to be replacing the existing amplifiers with more powerful apps that I can tune, add a second subwoofer and potentially new speakers. To do this, I was going to have to create RCA dongles from the Connext, but then I found that @brandonloos_21 makes these harnesses, and he was super helpful in guiding me down this path.

You can get the dongles by creating an out to Brandon. See this thread: Yamaha/Wet Sounds DSP Harnesses. I sent him a text with questions at 724-884-6120, and he responded soon after with a wealth of useful information.

So, I plan to replace the stock amps with two Wet Sounds SYN-DX6 using the harness from Brandon at InTune Customs. I'll also add a second subwoofer (Wet Sounds Revo 10). Once that is done, I'll decide if I also need to replace the stock speakers, as the stock Wet Sounds Recon speakers may not perform well. If that is the case, I'll probably go with the Wet Sounds Revo speakers. Brandon also highly recommends I replace the Wet Sounds soundbar with another set of Wet Sounds Icon 8s. I sure hope this improves the sound quality.

While I love my new 2024 255XD, I'm very disappointed with the quality of the stock sound system, and a bit upset I have to spend this money and time to "fix" it. Yamaha should do better.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great info on this thread. After reading this and a few other threads, I've changed my plans to use a Wet Sounds WS-420 to try and improve the sound quality. Instead, I'm going to be replacing the existing amplifiers with more powerful apps that I can tune, add a second subwoofer and potentially new speakers. To do this, I was going to have to create RCA dongles from the Connext, but then I found that @brandonloos_21 makes these harnesses, and he was super helpful in guiding me down this path.

You can get the dongles by creating an out to Brandon. See this thread: Yamaha/Wet Sounds DSP Harnesses. I sent him a text with questions at 724-884-6120, and he responded soon after with a wealth of useful information.

So, I plan to replace the stock amps with two Wet Sounds SYN-DX6 using the harness from Brandon at InTune Customs. I'll also add a second subwoofer (Wet Sounds Revo 10). Once that is done, I'll decide if I also need to replace the stock speakers, as the stock Wet Sounds Recon speakers may not perform well. If that is the case, I'll probably go with the Wet Sounds Revo speakers. Brandon also highly recommends I replace the Wet Sounds soundbar with another set of Wet Sounds Icon 8s. I sure hope this improves the sound quality.

While I love my new 2024 255XD, I'm very disappointed with the quality of the stock sound system, and a bit upset I have to spend this money and time to "fix" it. Yamaha should do better.
I have a WS SYN-DX6. it is a big change from the HTX-6 I had on our previous boat. Same WS 10" FA sub, both bridged on channels 5 & 6. Night and day. Is there and advantage to using RCA dongles?

I have a WS SYN-DX6. it is a big change from the HTX-6 I had on our previous boat. Same WS 10" FA sub, both bridged on channels 5 & 6. Night and day. Is there and advantage to using RCA dongles
The aftermarket amplifiers all have RCA line in jacks. So somehow you have to go from the Connext system to RCA so you have a line into the amp. Were you able to do it some other way?

The aftermarket amplifiers all have RCA line in jacks. So somehow you have to go from the Connext system to RCA so you have a line into the amp. Were you able to do it some other way?
I don't have any RCA jacks connected to the amps. I can take a photo tomorrows and post. I did the Udio upgrade on the previous boat myself, but had a shop do the new boat.

I don't have any RCA jacks connected to the amps. I can take a photo tomorrows and post. I did the Udio upgrade on the previous boat myself, but had a shop do the new boat.

Interesting, looking forward to seeing how they did that

Om
omg. I just googled Udio upgrade. You just type in an iPhone like I do. LMFAO.

Om

omg. I just googled Udio upgrade. You just type in an iPhone like I do. LMFAO.
Interesting, looking forward to seeing how they did that
My mistake, I should have known better. I do have RCA jacks. The angle, and the gear in the starboard storage prevented me from seeing them. All could see was the 4-gauge power and ground cables and a harness.

Back