• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How do I find hrs on 2016 ar 192

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
cant figure out how to get my hr meter to show on my gauge. Grrrr

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With the boat running click through the menus with the M button, If you don't see it, scroll until you see the "more" appear and hold M and T down to go to a sub menu with mor details like RPM, gph, and whatnot

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Owners manual contains valuable information :) I know we all hate to read them, but I had to bust mine out to find the same info.

Just like ruztew said gotta hold down M and T when you see the more screen then scroll through.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
x2 on reading the manual. I know most people probably scuff at the manual like most other manuals but you really should read it and maybe watch the Yamaha "Getting to know your boat" videos before your first outing so you are familiar with near every aspect of the boat. It covers not only handling and maintenance but also how to use the electronic gauge and other features you may not be aware of. Hell I take my owner's manual out with me every single outing just in case something comes up and I need to refer to the manual.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Also when selecting the "more" option, just press and release the m and t buttons together. If you just press and hold it won't do anything. The manual wasn't real clear on this for me at least.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you guys. Yes me and the miss' read the manual. Still could not find it, not real clear. Went out last night and found the hrs but not sure how. Lol. I think we were maybe holding both buttons down to long?
Not the most user friendly in my opinion. Wish for a bigger gauge that showed more info on the screen at once. But it is what it is.
Thanks again for the replies.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea the manual could use a bit of rewording to make it easier to understand. Basically you tap "M" to cycle through the options until you see "More info" or whatever appear. Then you simply press both the "M" and "T" buttons together at once and it will display the advanced info. You do the same process when you want to return to normal display showing less info. I don't recall having to hold it down for any length of time. I only use the advanced stuff every once and a while but I agree having a larger display would help.

Before too long they will incorporate a small Connext in the 19' boats i'm sure and then you'll have the real estate to see many parameters at once. My issue with Connext is that it can be buggy and glitch out from time to time for some owner's, so I'm not fully warmed up to it just yet. Hopefully in a few more years Yamaha will have ironed out most of the software bugs. Not to say that Connext sucks or anything, but like all new electronics and interface displayed, there will be some growing pains for the early adopters.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
To complicate things, you can also press and hold the "m" button which will take you to an advanced menu. You can select large or normal font from there and if you select "read param" it you show two things at once that you can scroll. Display is small and can be hard to read underway. I used it a little bit to give me a digital readout rpm and mph together giving me a feel for where I wanted to be while pulling a skier.

I agree with haknslash this needs improvement. I really wish it had a engine temp reading and a clock.