• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How do I watch NHL playoffs with no cable?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a cord cutter thread that is pretty deep. You may want to check out the fire tv recast. It is basically a centralized OTA tuner with dvr that can wirelessly broadcast what it picks up to any tv with fire tv sticks/boxes or fire tv built in. Two different models. Mount the antenna in the attic on or the roof and you should pick up quite a bit if closest enough to a metro area. That plus the online services should fill most of the gaps.

Be wary of free sites with lots of pop ups. Those increase the risk of picking up malware, trojan, virus, etc..
Right, I should look into this. But the issues that surprised me is: no more network broadcast of any sprt events, even the playoffs of the local hockey team in a town that used to live and breath hockey with the old "Arena", it was just like old Bruins ion Boston.

The DVR will not help, and I'm just not that interested in "unlocking" business as we really watch almost nothing on TV these days.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did a little reading on the nhl playoff broadcasts tonight. Sounds like you’re hosed on the ota front, unfortunately. Lol
That was exactly my conclusion, and I was frankly in total disbelieve. Figured I must be an idiot. Well, maybe not totally, lol.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, did you get to see the game last night?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, did you get to see the game last night?
I gave up, we did not see it. But, it worked out in a different way...

Kate ended up listening to the broadcast on her old (high school?) Sony clock radio, lol. In bed.
It was cute watching her getting excited as the broadcast was blasting off of that thing.

And for the next game (tonight or tomorrow, I can’t keep track?) we decided it is going to be a date in a bar!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Set that date for tomorrow!:winkingthumbsup"