• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How do you get an AR230 out a 7ft door?

So mommy gets the garage, or is there even room for that?

No room for that this winter as I had both boats in there, this up coming she will get a bay.

20131020_140005.jpeg

I didnt have my casters until this weekend and that is when I lowered it down. When I put the boat in the garage the first time I deflated all the tires so I just put the air back in them. If I had rhe boat on the casters in the beginning I would have not put it back on the tires.

wow...just ummm...wow :eek:

So what to you use to jack the boat up and down?

I use a 3 ton floor jack. I can get both wheels off the ground using that.

I raised the header and rafters last summer so I could get the SS in and out every time we took her out. Don't regret it a bit. Was a PITA though.

That is just Bad Ass.

Even if I raise my header to 8' I still cannot put the boat up after each outing. With the tower on I need a 12' door opening because my tower does not fold. One day I may add on to the garage and put in a 12' high door.

Wow....you really got creative! I cheated and built a second garage onto my house.:winkingthumbsup"

Didn't have time for that, winter was a coming and there was no way my boat was sitting outside for a Missouri winter.

Have you thought about finding someone to weld a folding point into the tower? I saw a post on the other forum a long time ago where a guy had done that, but then never received a response when I was asking questions....

I'm thinking about trying to find a welder to do this as it would save me a lot of headache for winter storage....

btw, that is awesome!!!

I remember that post on the other site. If memory serves the tower folded forward and didnt net any height gain because the tower itself is welded solid and cannot collapse. ( if that is the one you are talking about)

Being an engineer by trade the more movable joints there are the weaker the tower becomes. It is only as strong as the weakest joint. I work for a machine shop that could fab something easy so the thought has crossed my mind but never really had intentions with acting on it.

Right now 4 bolts and the tower is off. It really isnt heavy just awkward.

actually the one that I was referencing folded back...hinged on the front mount by the windshield and then they made it so that you could remove the lower part of the rear tower legs (sort of like the 212x)

yea, that is one of the things that has sort of held me up on doing it as well....it would be awesome to be able to fold the tower, but losing any structural integrity would obviously make it pointless :/

I just tried to find the post on the other site and couldn't find it.....the detail on it wasn't to great and the pictures weren't very close so you couldn't see very much detail on how they modified/welded anyways though

Looking at a picture of my boat I would assume that they would have had to clearance the front knuckle and drill and ream for shoulder bolts so that the top could fold then they would have to either make the rear legs detach or fold in on themselves. It could probably be done and still be strong but my motto is "if it aint broke....."

Back