• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How do you know when you are getting it right?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just looking through some pictures (trying to find one for the 'slice of heaven' thread) and ran across picture #1 of an assignment my now 15 yr old did a few years ago. I remember crying the first time I read it. I also ran across picture number 2 that reminded me that all the kids love hanging out at our house. I couldn't want anything better. Curious, how do you know that you are getting it right?

IMG_8315.jpg
999771_10201731492041556_2147196294_n.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:thumbsup: Great job!

I hope I am getting it right with my son.....

He never tells me, but I can see some of the things I have told him show up in his behavior....

.....Like when he turns down playing Halo because "I need to get my project done for Biology."

....."I want another video game, but I know I need to save up for my car....."

....."I need to get to bed.....You only grow when your sleeping ya know dad....."

....."No, she's too flashy....All the guys flutter around her, I want someone I can talk to about stuff....." (No matter how pretty they are, sooner or later your gonna have to talk with them.....lol!)

:cool:

Last edited:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are doing it right! We always had kids at our house as well and liekd that wew knew exactly what they were up to. Now that the kids are older we can tell better on how we did. Sucks you don't know until later when you can't change! When my kids are happy; successful (based on what they want in life); know what is right in life and society; and care about others, I feel we have done OK with the kids (3 boys and 1 girl, 21 - 30 yrs). Lots of ups and downs for sure!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boy had the same question and he answered my friend Todd.....

"He always puts his family first and is always in a good mood. He is so funny and always sees things positively and supports his kids and me."

I have flown over 4000 hours with Todd, and we lost him about a year ago.... I echo my sons comments, and he is MY hero as well, and for the same reasons!

Last edited:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Defiantly got it right, and when people compliment you on your children is another massive plus.

Being successful isn't measured in monetary terms, anybody can be a father but it's takes someone special to be a Dad.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is great.

I've had a few moments like that with my kids too. It really makes you stop and think. Maybe they actually like me?!?!?!?

Another way we feel like we're getting it right when other people compliment us on how polite and well-behaved our kids are. (It usually takes us a moment to make sure they are actually talking about OUR kids... ;) ) We've had complete strangers walk up to us after Mass on Sunday and tell us what a nice family we have.

Sometimes through all the day-to-day troubles and trials of raising kids it's nice to have a 3rd party look at your family and say that you're doing it right.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was just looking through some pictures (trying to find one for the 'slice of heaven' thread) and ran across picture #1 of an assignment my now 15 yr old did a few years ago. I remember crying the first time I read it. I also ran across picture number 2 that reminded me that all the kids love hanging out at our house. I couldn't want anything better. Curious, how do you know that you are getting it right?
WOW> Tons of Congrats. Years from now, THIS day be a FOND & important Memory you will cherish ... and know how it contributed to a loved one's development growth @ REALLY SUPER KEWL @

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When they list you as their hero you know you are doing it right...Keep up the good work.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is great.

I've had a few moments like that with my kids too. It really makes you stop and think. Maybe they actually like me?!?!?!?

Another way we feel like we're getting it right when other people compliment us on how polite and well-behaved our kids are. (It usually takes us a moment to make sure they are actually talking about OUR kids... ;) ) We've had complete strangers walk up to us after Mass on Sunday and tell us what a nice family we have.

Sometimes through all the day-to-day troubles and trials of raising kids it's nice to have a 3rd party look at your family and say that you're doing it right.
Like Like Like!!!!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thats awesome!

My son had a similiar assignment years ago and also wrote about me. I keep that paper in my dresser and find myself reading it over on occassion. It chokes me up every single time.
I use to fear about getting it right all the time, especially when they were smaller, but then I realized that if they're hanging out with me and mommy, "getting it right" just happens.

Oh God, I'm knocking on wood as I typed that! :(

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
photo 1.JPG J and Cole.JPG That is a piece of Heaven for sure...
Here are my pieces of Heaven, and my oldest in his.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You sir are a HERO! Awesome!!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome. That is so cool.

I have 3 girls, 12, 18 and 20. This quote comes to mind... “The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” I guess I modify this a bit for kids... to "...when your parents are not watching" so when I hear how they act around others and it makes me proud, I feel like they are headed down the right path and my wife and I have done a good job.