• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How does the stator send current to the batteries?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The positive output of the rectifier/regulator feeds to the 3 pin plug on the left of the fuse box in the engine bay. Another wire comes out of the plug and goes to the starter relay where the battery wire is also connected. The start battery bank is the only one connected to the starter relay. The dvsr connects the start battery bank to the house bank when it receives +12vdc and the volatge is high enough on the start bank. Reinstalling the dvsr on the house bank and running a 8 awg wire off of where the start bank use to connect to either the start bank or the starter relay post where the start bank connects will correct the issue. I would also do the engine on only mod at this time.
@Mainah, this is super helpful and I get most of it, lol. Here is where it gets fuzzy:
"Reinstalling the dvsr on the house bank and running a 8 awg wire off of where the start bank use to connect to either the start bank or the starter relay post where the start bank connects will correct the issue. I would also do the engine on only mod at this time."
I am going to reinstall the DVSR to both BEP's this weekend if this is what you mean, and add a negative cable between both battery banks to complete the battery ground.
Also I am not sure what "the engine on only mod" is.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The stator generates a/c as the engine runs, the a/c is passed to the voltage rectifier that coverts it to 12vdc and supplies it to the battery
GIGGLE...YOU said...RECTIFIER..snicker.