• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long is brake in period for FSH210?

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi everybody,
I just got new 2019 FSH 210. The engines have around 10h on them. Both engines getting around 7200-7300 rpm only. The dealer explained that during brake in period ( about 15 hours) the ECM limits the max RPMS to 7200. And i should get 8000 rps after 15 hours of use. I just want to confirm with a community that's the case.
Thanks all.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
10 hours
May Be new for 2019 mine was 2018
After 10 hours was a 10 hour service when they change the oil and they probably turned them up maybe it’s 15 hours now

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

I can tell you after this 95 minute break in mine would make 7800 rpms. Sounds like you have an issue.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Change the plugs. Happened to me twice, changed plugs and back to normal.

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will try to swap the spark plugs , but its already does not sounds good. There is a still little possibility that's it's electronically limited since both engines run same RPM's.

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I figured why my rpm is 7300 and I forgot to mentioned it here. I usually have 5 adults on board, trolling motor with two batteries , 8 scuba tanks , and all other scuba equipment.

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That extra weight would affect speed, not RPM
I thought that too before . Apparently the rpm goes down with a speed for the boat and all in relation to the extra weight. There is multiple info about it on the google. Type on the google Extra weight of the boat VS rpm and you will see. The engines work harder to push the water and rpm goes down. I already check it out of the water , I used the garden hose and briefly for 1 sec rev the rpms both engine went to 8000 , since there are no water and no restrictions.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dunno man, your rpms =\= speed. Your RPMs dictate how much throttle you're giving the engine. Whether you go 35 or 40 at 8k RPMs is dependant on weight.

The weight of the boat won't control your throttle allocation. The weight of the boat controls the physics which makes the boar perform more sluggish at the same RPMs.

Mine has NEVER done that. I know if the boat is fully loaded up it'll perform more sluggish at the same RPMs.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll provide an opposing opinion here...

If the pump is in great shape it makes sense that the engine can be "bogged down" by weight and the Max RPMs could be lower. I would not worry about it until you try it with a light load and see what it does...Similarly the engine reaches much higher RPM with less throttle when not loaded (out of the water), so why would the opposite not be true?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don’t know guys. I had 10 people on my boat in Florida over the 4th, still hit 78-7900 rpms. That was probably close to the rated 2000# capacity on the boat.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope I'm right so there's not an issue, but it's speculation at this point. There might be a problem.