• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How many boats have you owned???

I was given a 9' dingy with a 3.5hp Tohatsu when I was 12.
I had a 20' Shamrock when I was 16
My dad had a 35' Pleasure Craft Sportfish when I was 8 and he sold it when I was 14
He then built a 40' Morgan Sportfish that I learn to run and later in my early 20's I ran it.
I had a yamaha super jet when I was 17 for about a year (1992)
I had a yamah jet ski in 1998 then traded it for a
Sea Pro 17' cc in 1999 then traded up to a
Sea Pro Sv2100 in 2001.
I sold that boat in 2003 and we sold the 40' in 2005 when fuel prices started climbing like gang busters and have been boatless till this past August.

1999 Sea Doo Speedster SK (sold)
2010 Yamaha 242 LS (current)

@sstegh curious why you'd go from a 2012 to a 2014 242LS?
Our kids and I learned how to wake board so we needed a tower. I shopped around but couldn't find an aftermarket tower I liked. The 2014 is really the same boat as our 2012 was with a forward swept tower.

In 2010 i bought a used 2006 stingray 185. This thing CONSUMED starters and hydrolocked all the time. Took me a while to figure it all out being a boat newb..mental scars remain

We put 104 hours on that boat in 1 summer!!! Gas guy loved us! Happily sold it in 2012.

Bought a waverunner in 2011 and heard a rumor about yamaha makin boats too!!

Rest is pure bliss....holy sh*t what a cool boat!!....my family thinks i'm odd when they catch me hugging her in the garage....

image.jpg

Two. My "starter" boat was a 1994 19' Marada bought in 2010. My current, a 2004 SX230.

I grew up around many different types of boats, however I have owned 3:
1) 2004 Glastron GX184
2) 2001 Javelin Renegade 20FS
3) 2005 Glastron GX205 (current boat)

Wish I would have known more about jet boats before purchasing the GX205. My next boat will hopefully be a Yamaha 212SS!

2001 Sea-Ray 225 Weekender
2000 Sea-Doo Sportster LE
2014 Yamaha AR240HO

Back