• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many LEDs to use?

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
For my 16 ar192

So it's been raining every day here and I haven't had a chance to do a light test to see how many strip LEDs I should use. I've got things planned out and I'm going to use about 13ft in total (rough estimate) of the 300led strips I think they are every inch. These are RGB waterproof in black. I'll be soldering every strip to waterproof screw on connectors. Besides around the side cushions I will be putting a strip under the passage bench and by the captins feet between the black and white transition, that's the only lower ones.

So looking for opinions from someone that has experience with strip LEDs. I don't want to overwhelm the boat with LEDs but I don't want too little either. They can be dimmed so it's not a huge deal but it would be nice to get it right the first time. Note I will be mounting them under the pads using angle 1/2x1/2 aluminum and sticking them to the bottom so they will be out of sight and facing down so they will reflect well off the white interior.

Last edited:

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any in the bow? I've done the back portion of my 192, and will be starting on the bow. I have 16' under the aft back and side cushions. I'm using a Bluetooth controller to adjust my lighting. Pics when complete.
ALITOVE 16.4ft 300 LEDs 12V WS2811 Addressable Dream Color RGB LED Flexible Strip Light IP67 Waterproof White PCB for TV Backlight Outdoor Advertising Signs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M8I4C08/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_NGuczbKP008G2
ALITOVE Wireless Bluetooth Magic Dream Color LED Light Controller iOS Android DC5V~24V Great for WS2811 WS2812B WS2801 SK6812 Individually Addressable Programmable LED Strip Pixel Module Panel Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW1J10W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QEuczb57Q5VRZ

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Any in the bow? I've done the back portion of my 192, and will be starting on the bow. I have 16' under the aft back and side cushions. I'm using a Bluetooth controller to adjust my lighting. Pics when complete.
ALITOVE 16.4ft 300 LEDs 12V WS2811 Addressable Dream Color RGB LED Flexible Strip Light IP67 Waterproof White PCB for TV Backlight Outdoor Advertising Signs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M8I4C08/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_NGuczbKP008G2
ALITOVE Wireless Bluetooth Magic Dream Color LED Light Controller iOS Android DC5V~24V Great for WS2811 WS2812B WS2801 SK6812 Individually Addressable Programmable LED Strip Pixel Module Panel Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW1J10W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QEuczb57Q5VRZ
Yes, under the bow cushions on either side, that's the plan at least. mine are the 5050 RGB ones. I have to cut and solder each one but its not that bad. Just solder up one Thursday its not going to rain for a change so I should be able to do some testing to see how many I need, I'm sure I'll just use all 16ft, I actually have 3 rolls but ones for my sled and ones for the boat, the other one is 150 leds strip but in white. I'm going to use the white ones where they can be seen under the console.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've got a section wired up that I'm going to try and see what it's like, might be able to pick up the aluminum today too. Getting pumped to get this done!

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So I have everything but the controller, the IR one I have I took from my computer that has LEDs in the case and somehow between the computer and the garage it broke. So anyways I have 4 more controllers on order, three will be in next week. I should be able to have everything cut and solder before they come in. I only need one but now I have to replace my computer one, buy one for the boat, and one spare. The 4th is for my sled, been meaning to light it up with LEDs for a while. I've actually had LEDs sitting around for 4 years now and just haven't had the time to put them on the sled.

Attachments