• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How many times have you been out on the boat this year?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We have made it out 22 times this year including today. Our first trip out was mother's day weekend.

Not enough! Hoping to make up for it till it's too cold to be comfortable in an open boat.

So far, I think I have been out 5 or 6 times. My wife decided to take a 10-day family vacation that killed a couple of weekends and when you throw in graduation parties, weddings, bad weather, etc., the boat is not getting the desired use. Hopefully the pace wills tart to pick up.

Unfortunately not enough. Only a few so far.

I don't count anymore but after three consecutive weekends I decided to stay off the water this weekend, maybe next as well.

"How many times have you been out on the boat this year?"

@Williamsone46 , define "out"......can you be a bit more specific? Are we talk in' days? Or does that mean weekends?
Cause I could probably figure it out right down to the minute, give or take.

In any event, if this were a poll, I'd choose - Not Enough! :(

I envy you guys who can log all those hours....but once my clone is finished, I'm outta here! :cool:

That includes once just to take it out and make sure everything was working.
My summer is about to go nuts with the Shelbyville event though.

6 times for me. Pregnant wife is ruining all my fun with making me get crap ready in our house. She is letting me go to Fire on the Water this coming weekend though - so that will make 7 by next sunday :-). In terms of days on the water though, something close to 20 days on the water so far.

Two.

Which has me double where I was at this time last year. (First outing last year was July 11th!)

Both of our families are 6 hours away so we spend a lot of time traveling to visit in-laws and out-laws. Plus it's just been so dang cold this "summer" anyway...

Looking forward to a family gathering in August where I should get to spend a lot more time on her.

four days in a row just this week! starting going out in march when water temp was 55 degrees with a drysuit. will hit 100 hours no problem this summer.

With 2 very athletic kids and their very busy sports schedule, I usually start off the season pretty slow. But as we progress thru the season, business slowly picks up. And then in August when baseball is over - it really kicks off. We will spend 3 full days a week out there in August and maybe a few 1/4 days after work and a dinner cruise tossed in every once in a while. So yeah - August is big for us.
Up until now, I've been managing 1 day every week since Mother's Day. Did 2 days last week. This week I was really sick Thursday and Friday ;)and managed to go out all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So much so - the freakin shower wouldn't stop swaying Saturday night and I saw rollers everytime I closed my eyes. :D

Looking at the calender, looks like I'm pushing 20 times since April.

"How many times have you been out on the boat this year?"

@Williamsone46 , define "out"......can you be a bit more specific? Are we talk in' days? Or does that mean weekends?
Cause I could probably figure it out right down to the minute, give or take.

In any event, if this were a poll, I'd choose - Not Enough! :(

I envy you guys who can log all those hours....but once my clone is finished, I'm outta here! :cool:

I was referring to days. I didn't make it a poll because I was looking for more specific answers than "not enough". I'm sure we would all fall under that :).

I've been a few times every month this year. I was taking advantage of our California weather early because some lakes are just beds of dirt and it will only get worse in the coming months.

I was shocked to find Texas in a similar situation, just not AS drastic recently. Regardless we have been out a couple dozen times this year and will continue as long as we can however I pray for a rainy winter!

That's a question that hurts. I wait all winter long for the boating season. I've only been out 4 times this year, and not in six weeks. The weather has been perfect, hot and sunny.

If I can't get a group together to go out soon I'm going to launch it myself and go for a ride.

For the past three years my church has held a Houseboat Camp for teens. I volunteered to take the kids out and to help transport people and goods from the marinas to the houseboats. That was great because it meant a full week on the water totaling about 20 hours. This year the church decided to go with a non-water camp somewhere.

Yes we have a drought here in CA. But I have one small local lake that is kept full, and while Shasta is down 125 feet today it is still a quite large lake with ample launch ramp access close to my house.

Anybody want to go boating???

2. But my boat is in Wis and I live in Alaska. But, we are going to the Wis house in a week and will make it much more. Just got the boat in May, and I'm LOVING IT!
My girlfriend is tired of hearing about the boat. But she loves it. Its my first big toy and its great. I think I could sit at my dock with the sound of the engines just idling and listening to the stereo and have fun.:) And I've got so many times coming up of just hitting it and watching the neighbors drool. Our lake is pontoon heaven, its like a granny parade on the weekends.

I have been out about 8 times to 4 different locations. With 2 teenagers and a ton of sports, our weekends are pretty jam packed with a lot of out of state travel (spelled lacrosse). This has a lot to do with why I haven't taken the plunge and purchased a more expensive boat over my glorified waverrunner (LS2000).

I took off today to go out regardless of whether one of the kids could join me and I call that fishing. Looking outside, there are suppose to be severe thunderstorms.....

30 days, 65 engine hours, 382 gallons of gas

Back