• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How many times have you been out on the boat this year?

30 hours from Feb 7th, but not even seen my boat since March :bawling:, it hurts……..

I was referring to days. I didn't make it a poll because I was looking for more specific answers than "not enough". I'm sure we would all fall under that :).

OK, gotcha....I guess you're right, it's never enough.

The best I can come up with is 4 days :( And that breaks down to about 57 hours of actually being "ON" the boat. And yes, that includes sitting on the boat in the parking lot of the hotel after getting off the river. I know I'm not the only one who does that. But that counts! Especially when you don't get much time to visit your boat, like me.

Heck, I'm surprised that we got that much time on the river...we've cancelled a couple of trips already, but we'll be out there this weekend Thur. - Sun. and again in August for sure, just don't know for sure when.:oops:

Only six times. My beer bill is actually higher than my gas bill. :( The last trip, Saturday, we had to tow a 25 foot Sea Ray about three miles back to home port. We had six on board my boat and three on board the Sea Ray. He had blown a cooling line due to a broken stainless steel clamp. Sound familiar? I tried to repair it but the line was at the bottom of a very hot motor. The repair only lasted for five minutes so I took him in tow. Felt good to help someone out and I think my guests actually enjoyed the "drama at sea". Like @Glassman my boat is becoming more of a land locked wet bar than an ocean going vessel.

8 days so far. Twice this past weekend. A week long trip to OBX killed 2 weekends.

Been happy with my current lake due to the convenience and having no issues there yet, but I would like to get out to some other locations.

Only twice for a total of four days,seems like something is constantly coming up. I've burned more gas in the damn garden tractor mowing than in the boat.

About 20, pretty good year so far!

I haven't counted ... I would guess about 13-14. Have only been out on the lake once in the last 3-4 weeks though... our lake just went up 42ft due to the fourth wettest June on record in my area. When the lake goes up, it fills with all kinds of hull-busting, pump clogging crap, so haven't been able to get out.

Good news: Lake is going down rapidly and clearing quickly. Hope to get out later this week. Also, just because we can't take it out, doesn't mean we don't hang out on the boat and listen to tunes in the slip @ the marina, and we can still swim off the back. :D

Probably between 15 to 20 times so far. And I got a late start due to finishing mods. Next month I only work 5 days the entire month due to vacation so I'm really looking forward to that!

I should count sometime... I would say 20-30 times, some were quick lets run out and watch the sunset 30-40 minutes tops, others were all day affairs.

I'm in the camp of athletic kids who are playing travel lacrosse. We've been to VA Beach, Hershey PA, Baltimore MD and had a vacation in OBX that killed two weekends. Couple all that with the cold start and relatively cool temps this summer and I've been out a total of 4 times. I this weekend off from tournaments etc. and the kids and wife are away. Not sure I want to go out by myself....just not as fun. So I may have another weekend of not getting out and the following weekend we have another lacrosse tournament.

I'm actually considering moving my boat. I store it at a facility where they forklift in and out.....it's very convenient, but expensive....$4,000/year. When I was out 2 days every weekend it was worth it. As much as I'm using it now, I may put it back on the trailer and pay $100/month to store it. Boats paid for and it's stored in a county where they don't charge any taxes on boats. So my only other expense is insurance and gas.

Not enough! Probably been out 10x this season but about to add considerable more time on the lake. We're taking the camper and boat to the lake on Sunday and plan to live on the water until the following Friday.

Half a dozen times here, I hope to triple that in the next month and a half. I have 3 kids that attend way too many summer camps and baseball and volleyball get in the way. Cool temps or rain have shut down a few nights out too.

We havent been out as many times as usual for us. Its been a cold season with a late start, flooded lakes, etc. But we are right on pace to hit our average 50 hours of engine time this season so I guess we've made the most of it.

Back