• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How much ballast in an AR195?

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw FatSac makes a 650lb ballast for the rear and a 370lb bag that works in the ski locker. Does anyone have both? Seems like it could be too much if you weighted the front as well.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I use a Yamaha 200lb bag and the 650lb bag on the stern.

I did try the 370lb bag in the ski locker. It was good for wakeboarding but not for wakesurfing.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Marcham, I will only be wakeboarding so the 370LB Bag should be good! You wouldn't happen to have before/after pictures would ya?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a 350lb bag underneath each back seat which worked well, but it still could have used some weight further aft. I once used the bags on the transom and the boat really struggled, but with more center weight it would keep the bow down more so I think it might be a good setup.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took the boat out over the weekend and had 8 people and we filled the ski locker with drinks and ice and the boat had the nicest wake yet but it took a long time to get on plane when towing a wakeboarder. I have no doubt that we would not have gotten on plane with an AR190 lol