• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How much water in the engine compartment is still ok? 165 HO

Joe1986

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi guys,

im Joe and i´m from Germany. Yesterday i tried my Scarab 165 HO for the first time. It has still 22hours on it. I am overwhelmed, it it's just awesome!!!
But there was one thing that didn't let me sleep tonight.

When we chilled on the boat, the bilge pump started up every hour for about 10-15sec (maybe 2-5 liters). Is that normal?
My old boat (No Scarab, no jet boat) was completely dry after a whole day on the water.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards
Joe

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
None unless you're swimming and jumping in/out of the boat, etc. Your boat should be dry otherwise. So if that's not the case, something is leaking. There are many possibilities... drain plugs, other below water fittings, exhaust pipes, carbon ring, etc. You'll have to do some troubleshooting. If your boat comes out of the water, I find it easiest in that case to simply take a hose and put some water in the bilge. Then watch underneath the boat for a leak.

If it's wet slipped, then you need to look into the bilge and watch for water. If it's been in the water for a long time, you often can see some brown spots against the white fibreglass indicated where the water is travelling.

If the pump is running about once an hour, that indicates a reasonable amount of water coming in. I'd definitely try and figure that out.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This week I pulled my 2008 232 Limited from my wet slip on the River St-Maurice after 3 months since its basically the end of the season here, on the trailer I pulled the hull plug, and no water came out ( I always silicone around the plug since it's on the slip for 3 months ). Since I have owned the boat since 2017 I've always been pleased on how water tight my boat is.