• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How the hell do I fix this?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would make a claim with Yamaha but would not get my hopes up by relying on them to “make it right”. Even if this is covered by warranty yamaha will replace the part not repair it and there is a good chance it is not in stock / back ordered such that you may not receive it for 6 months or more.

It’s disappointing to see these types of problems on what looks like a new boat especially in light of what they cost. It’s not just at the corporate level either. I bought a new Waverunner in April, it came with scuff marks on it. When I asked the tech about he said it is what it is, if you are declining to take delivery because of this let the salesman know and he will offer it to the next guy on the list. Of course I didn’t decline delivery (actually I picked it up) but I viewed final clean up / wipe down as part of the “setup services” that I paid $2,360 for but apparently that cost only covers installing the handle bars, battery, fire extinguisher, oil and a few gallons of gas.

Last edited: