• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to add wire through wakeboard tower

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have an Aerial tower. Now that the 650- RGB's are about to arrive for the twin bullets what the heck is the best way to get yet another set of wires down?? The installed harness has 8 wires which are all being used by the 4 speakers.

Install an identicle harness on the opposite side?

Since I believe I can hook all the RGB wires together inside the tower... Maybe - all I really think I need is essentially 1 sheilded wire so I was thinking of trying to drill holes much like the existing harness close to the existing holes maybe and use a rubber grommet of sorts I can plug the drilled hole and feed the smaller wire through??

Between the battery relocation,switch, image.jpeg ACR, 3 amps, new speakers I may be in over my head.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You can attach the wires to the end of the existing ones and pull them through.
Or, pull a string through that way and then attach two sets of wires since you are adding and then pull it back down.

I haven't had that much luck doing this on my tower but finally got everything except my light for top of the tower. Can't seem to run those wires through!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also, i really like that metal grommet you got for going into the boat. Any ideas where i could get one?

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's Aerials wakeboard tower wiring harness that has 8 wires in it. My issue is - I need more wires... Probably have to do the same thing on the other side

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length