• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to adjust throttle mine is extremely tight

Ghlebak1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My throttle is tight. Have to muscle it into reverse. Also will not hold at setting keeps slipping back.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's probably not your throttle cable, but the cable that controls the gate travel, which moves the reverse gate up and down.

I would suggest disconnecting the cable that moves the gate at the pump (no tools needed, it clips in and out) and then check the travel. Does the gate move freely? Is the throttle lever still binding? If so, the cable likely needs replacement.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ghlebak1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Beachbummer, I will try unhooking cable and see what happens.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
agree with beachbummer, also check your nozzles for any obstruction, we've had a few members muscle it into reverse only to find pebbles or twigs lodged in the nozzle,

check the FAQ above for lots of great tips including how to fix your throttle "creep"

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine is similar. I plan to "lube" my cable using an air compressor like I've found online Also there's some threads out there regarding some "adjusting/fixing" you can do to the throttle itself by taking it apart.

I see vids of people move theirs easily from front to back which makes docking easier. Mine I have to muscle it a bit to move.