• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get Boat off the bunks for cleaning.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As the post states, does anyone have a procedure to get the boat off the trailor bunks for cleaning?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the post states, does anyone have a procedure to get the boat off the trailor bunks for cleaning?
I clean what I can and just figure that the bunks do the cleaning for you as the boat gets loaded.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Clean up what I missed with the boat in waist deep water and mask on. An abrasive pot scrubber works well. Easier and safer than jacking.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been dealing with this same predicament myself. I debated on what to do, and how to handle it, because I've got a car lift at work, so I contemplated doing a sling maneuver, but I'm not sure how well that would work with a car lift, and wasn't comfortable with it. Since I work in a custom steel fabrication shop, I decided to just go ahead and build my own jack stand system for the stern, and use a floor jack or similar for the keel. I already bought the ACME thread and T nuts, but then my wife had our twins 7 weeks early, so all projects came to a screeching halt, and I've been a prisoner in my own home when not working ever since. Had hoped to get it cleaned up underneath before hitting the water this season, but I'm pretty sure that's just not gonna happen. Oh well, at least I can still use the boat with a dirty bottom... much like my boys...

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@rad1026 Lol, I have quickly discovered just how right you are... Thank God my wife and I have a good relationship, because it's been tested a few times. Between the lack of sleep, and the (seemingly) constant crying of one or both of them, it's been a trying couple months. One day at a time...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've been dealing with this same predicament myself. I debated on what to do, and how to handle it, because I've got a car lift at work, so I contemplated doing a sling maneuver, but I'm not sure how well that would work with a car lift, and wasn't comfortable with it. Since I work in a custom steel fabrication shop, I decided to just go ahead and build my own jack stand system for the stern, and use a floor jack or similar for the keel. I already bought the ACME thread and T nuts, but then my wife had our twins 7 weeks early, so all projects came to a screeching halt, and I've been a prisoner in my own home when not working ever since. Had hoped to get it cleaned up underneath before hitting the water this season, but I'm pretty sure that's just not gonna happen. Oh well, at least I can still use the boat with a dirty bottom... much like my boys...
Congratulations on your baby boys!