• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to maintain 4 batteries over the winter

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I will have two boats over the winter, each has two batteries. Is there a way to trickle charge all 4 (one device)? I currently have a battery tender ($50) and it only works with a single battery.

Also, it is ok to leave them in the cold as long as they are trickle charging?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just switch the tender to a different battery each week. I leave my batteries disconnected and I am surprised how little they drain after sitting a couple of months.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I could do that, especially since I won't have 4 batteries all the time, just this year

so maybe I'll buy a two batter charger and move it among my 4....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put a guest dual bank charger in my boat a few years ago for under $100. I use these on my PWCs. Cheap and they work fine, plus this model gives you the option to hook up to the battery with clips or permanently with a pig tail the terminates in loops.

http://t.harborfreight.com/12-volt-deluxe-battery-maintainer-and-float-charger-62813.html

I think it beats moving the charger / maintainer to different batteries every week / month or so. Just plug these in and forget about it until next season.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 7 batteries on the go each winter. I just move my charger back and forth. Cam.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Why not just tie the batteries in parallel? I've been doing that with two batteries with no issues. Just make sure that they are all equally charged at first. I put the positive and negative tender terminals each on a different battery, and then tie the positives and negatives together using a small jumper wire.

EDIT: See link:
http://www.batterytender.com/Connecting-Chargers/#answer9