• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to surf with daughter?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to try wake surfing with my 6 year old daughter. Those of you that have done it how do you get up. One handed holding onto the kid or tell them to hold onto the rope too?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It may be easiest to slide off the swimdeck. I still used the rope for stability, but it was the easiest surf start with no upper body strength necessary.

Good luck!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to try wake surfing with my 6 year old daughter. Those of you that have done it how do you get up. One handed holding onto the kid or tell them to hold onto the rope too?
I do a deep water start. My boy puts his feet up on the board with mine and reaches back and grabs my vest. Then it's up to you to muscle your way up. So far we're 100% successful. I know I've got video. I'll try to find it.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got plenty of strength to get up I just don’t want to run over her. I’ve never stepped off the swim deck so that’s a no go. Lol

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never done it before but I think I would their feet on the board and just hold on to either my legs or jacket, you as the rider just keep leaning away from the boat,

depending on how adventurous she is, has she used the knee board before ?? I might let her go by herself and just lay or kneel on the surf board, not expecting her to surf but only to get the feel of being pulled by the boat,

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bit of both.

Not sure why that video won’t play from here. Not at my computer to look right now. Seems to be playing if you open it in YouTube though.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure why that video won’t play from here. Not at my computer to look right now. Seems to be playing if you open it in YouTube though.
Yes, it plays from YouTube. Kind of weird, but still works.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She knee boards and does the kid skis. I’d love to surf with her she would love it if we do it successfully.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve got plenty of strength to get up I just don’t want to run over her. I’ve never stepped off the swim deck so that’s a no go. Lol
it's not about not having any upper body strength, it's about managing the person in front of you that you have little control of. But do try the step off the deck sometime. It's actually fun once you get the hang of it. Coming in onto the deck, that's a whole different animal and nearly impossible without perfect tip control.