• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to take your boat to the Bahamas part one

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started a video series that explains what goes into our crews process when we are planning and doing these trips. When I searched there wasn't really a whole lot videos out there offering info on how to do these things so I figured I would document our process as we go this year while planning our return to Exuma. The first video I just post is the early on pre planning phase this video maybe a little boring to those who have planned a trip before but it goes through our pre planning phase at the 12-6 month before departure point. I'm sure I'm going to get a bunch of wonderful feed back about all the things I missed but this is just the pre planning stage I will have more videos to come that will go more into equipment, safety items, customs and other important stuff.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What I just learned is that anyone going on a trip with @robert843 may end up in one of his videos. I should probably consider putting down the beer and picking up some iron. @Andy S @swatski .

In all seriousness great stuff @robert843. Too many folks are under prepared or overwhelmed for somthing like this. There is something unique about a well done video presentation vs reading things in text format.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I just leanted is that anyone going on a trip with @robert843 may end up in one of his videos. I should probably consider putting down the beer and picking up some iron. @Andy S @swatski .

In all seriousness great stuff @robert843. Too many folks are under prepared or overwhelmed for somthing like this. There is something unique about a well done video presentation vs reading things in text format.
lol yes if you go to my channel you will see they’re already great loop videos on it from the parts I have already done so I would say there’s a pretty good shot you’re going to be put in a video unless you request not to be in it .

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol yes if you go to my channel you will see they’re already great loop videos on it from the parts I have already done so I would say there’s a pretty good shot you’re going to be put in a video unless you request not to be in it .
No worries on my part except knowing my 20 year challenge would reveal I have been slacking. Film away and post for the entertainment.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries on my part except knowing my 20 year challenge would reveal I have been slacking. Film away and post for the entertainment.
I have a feeling you are probably in the best shape of any one on the boat for the Chicago trip. Well except maybe @swatski he is beast mode

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well except maybe @swatski he is beast mode
You mean a "bear out of hybernation den" mode, maybe, lol
Man, I have too many kids, and dogs, and work to even worry about these things!

@Robert - great vids, keep going!

--

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watched your video last night not even knowing if you were on the forum, good information and thanks for putting it out there.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watched your video last night not even knowing if you were on the forum, good information and thanks for putting it out there.
Thanks for watching! We have actually planned all of our Bahamas trips through this forum its a great spot to be!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Part two has been filmed hoping to get the editing done in the next day or so. Man it is long though almost another 30 minutes and I still will have not even touched on equipment it is really crazy when I look at it the amount of effort that is thrown in to planing one of these trips from scratch it is crazy.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I watched something totally unrelated on YT today and the next video was your video! So
Weird how stuff just shows up like this.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just posted a new thread with part two for those who are interested.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Watched you video and great info as always. Keep it up!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watched you video and great info as always. Keep it up!
Thanks man this one had to be a long hard watch especially for someone like yourself who has been it was really such basic info I can't believe the video is 30 min long its nuts.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks man this one had to be a long hard watch especially for someone like yourself who has been it was really such basic info I can't believe the video is 30 min long its nuts.
It’s a great reference for people who haven’t been. So many people want to go and do not want to plan or take any responsibility themselves. That is scary to think of. I live in FL and it’s a ton of planning for me to take a trip and all I have to do launch the boat really. Some people just wanna have someone plan their trip and hold them accountable if something goes wrong. Those people ruin the experience for everyone and don’t understand the responsibility they have to themselves and everyone else on their boat.
I loved the fact you said you have to be willing to cancel the trip and just accept the fact you have to go another time. You had a lot of great info in all about funding, timing, maybe leaving your boat. People don’t think that when leaving the states, and it’s scary they don’t plan how they should.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s a great reference for people who haven’t been. So many people want to go and do not want to plan or take any responsibility themselves. That is scary to think of. I live in FL and it’s a ton of planning for me to take a trip and all I have to do launch the boat really. Some people just wanna have someone plan their trip and hold them accountable if something goes wrong. Those people ruin the experience for everyone and don’t understand the responsibility they have to themselves and everyone else on their boat.
I loved the fact you said you have to be willing to cancel the trip and just accept the fact you have to go another time. You had a lot of great info in all about funding, timing, maybe leaving your boat. People don’t think that when leaving the states, and it’s scary they don’t plan how they should.
That’s awesome man thanks for the encouragement hearing it from someone like yourself make me feel a lot better about posting these videos.

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've watched almost every YouTube video and really appreciate the insight! This trip is on my to do list and preparing now.

Thanks Again!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great info, I watched it and enjoyed.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I thought this was interesting...Documentation of your Boat. The Beneteau was previously documented and the number is in the head , under the sink, painted to the hull. I looked up that number and found two of her previous names and owners in Connecticut.

Last edited: