• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How you take your Boat Lift in and out of your lakes?

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just wondering how you all take your boat lifts in and out of your lakes? You float them them or muscle them out? Any tips on how to do it be great...

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have a pretty steep shoreline, so we hire a barge to lift it up onto shore every fall and put it back in every spring. They try to do all of their clients on each lake in one day, but then come back later in the spring or fall to take care of any stragglers that either hadn't gotten their pier in the water yet or taken their boat off the lift yet.

If I had a level shoreline I would just get the optional wheels that are available with most lifts and pull it out myself.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just wondering how you all take your boat lifts in and out of your lakes? You float them them or muscle them out? Any tips on how to do it be great...
@Bohdiez ....as @rrmidden said we had a wheel set on our Shorelander boat lift. To make it even easier I laid two lanes of patio stones for the wheels - came right out. Another friend on the river built a sling and used a pole with a block and tackle to tilt it up enough to avoid the ice. :cool:

Last edited:

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hire a guy. I have a dock and lift. $1,000 total to put them in and take them out. Dock I can do myself and I'll probably figure out a way to diy. Lift is a young man's game so I'll pay for that. Our lakewall is about 3 feet high and I can't put a ramp in.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Seems little step to pay someone thank kind of money. That’s just me.
move thought about the wheel kits for the lift. I’ve seen some guys use floats to get them into shore then the wheels take over.
Some lifts weigh 1000lbs so that def is a young mans game. Haha

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank goodness mine just sits in the slip year round. It would be a lot of work getting it in and out each year.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
move thought about the wheel kits for the lift. I’ve seen some guys use floats to get them into shore then the wheels take over.
I agree but I haven't had time to search for a cheaper alternative yet. Wheels for the lift might be something I look into. I only get to the lake house about 2 weeks in the summer so not a whole lot of time to figure out something better.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As mentioned in our other thread, they make kits for all brands. What do you own?

Before renting the float and roll, I had two wheel kits installed and added two more that I fabricated. To be honest, I realized why most lifts only have two instead of four. It's easier to turn two wheels, and you can balance the feet up or down when going over the shoreline or rocks.

So, what do you have for a lift, and what do you have for shoreline or where you are going to store it. If you have a low shoreline, and plenty of yard, just yank it out with a wheel kit. This is the time of year to figure it out, while the lift is out of the water.

If you have no good shoreline, and have to run it across the lake, you may be looking at a service. But $1000 is way overpriced, even with exchange. Most around here pay $200-$300 for dock/lift

Here is a photo of the float and roll I mentioned. We have used 12" diameter PVC tubes as well when floating lifts to our landing spot. Then just float it onto a snowmobile trailer. You could buy one, but many dock dealers will rent it. I rent it for $40/4hrs. I'm never buying one!

1618412447007.jpeg1618412466477.jpeg

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hire a guy. I have a dock and lift. $1,000 total to put them in and take them out. Dock I can do myself and I'll probably figure out a way to diy. Lift is a young man's game so I'll pay for that. Our lakewall is about 3 feet high and I can't put a ramp in.
Assuming the $1,000 is for the Dock and Lift, it may not be that crazy. But I only pay $300 a year to take the Lift in and Out, and I do the Dock myself, and I'm only an hour or so North of you.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone role a 6k lift coming in at over 600 lbs?

For price reference 2 lifts and 90' of steel dock put in for $300.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Assuming the $1,000 is for the Dock and Lift, it may not be that crazy. But I only pay $300 a year to take the Lift in and Out, and I do the Dock myself, and I'm only an hour or so North of you.
Yep, that price is for both. I'll be shopping around or figuring out how to do it myself.

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 5’ tall sea wall. I built 20’ aluminum ramps, that I use and remove, I have 4 wheels on the lift. I also have a 6000 pound winch, 12 volt. Going in is easy , line the wheels up with the ramps, a little push and then maneuver into place with an extra dock poll and some leverage. I have a permanent chain wrapped around the front legs. For removing, put the ramps back in, I hook up the winch to the chain, line up the wheels on the ramps and slowly pull it up and out. One ramp is on the lift in the picture. I put an ad in Craig’s list (gigs or day labor) on the Monday before the Saturday that I want to install. I offer $20.00/hour, guarantee $60.00, say it usually only takes 2 hours. I get 2 guys. I have had repeat guys! I will get 12-20 replies. I respond to the applicants on Friday confirming interest and availability and then give the address and time. That’s for both the dock and lift. Dock is 5 sections, two sections are bolted(permanently)together and on wheels, the other 3 sections have to be bolted and unbolted together in the water. Good luck 👍.

Attachments